Dune Lark Self Drive
Luxury Self Drive to NamibRand - Namibia
Those in the know rate the private NamibRand Nature Reserve as one of the most visually stunning places in Namibia. If you want to spoil yourself with amazing views and complete relaxation then this short get-away is highly recommended. Thisself drive package includes drinks, meals, guided excursions and a balloon flight over the Namib Desert. Dune larks are endemic to the Namib Desert found in areas dominated by grasses and !Nara melons.
The NamibRand Nature Reserve was established to help protect and conserve the unique ecology and wildlife of the south-west Namib Desert. It has done an excellent job to date. The most interesting and visually pleasing aspects of the Namib Desert are illustrated throughout the reserve, with its inspirational mountain ranges, vegetated dune belts, gravel plains and expanses of flat savannah. Explore from both ground and air.
Although it is possible to book this self-drive itinerary 'as is', as with all our self drive trips this is entirely customisable. We can add or delete days, change the accommodation used and generally design the tour to suit your individual requirements. Visitors who might prefer a break from driving themselves can arrange a guided safari.
- Day 1: Windhoek - NamibRand
- We recommend leaving Windhoek reasonably early this morning and aiming to arrive at the lodge around lunch time. On arrival at reception you will be required to leave your vehicle and will be transferred through the dunes to your accommodation. This afternoon you will join a nature drive (with sundowner drinks) to explore the property.
Meals: Lunch & Dinner
Accommodation Wolwedans Dunes Lodge
- Day 2: Sossusvlei
- The whole day will be spent out around the NamibRand property, learning about the fauna and flora of this amazing desert environment. You will have a packed lunch, before continuing around the property.
For those wanting to have a slightly less active day you can choose to remain based at the lodge and only participate in a half day activity (or not join an activity at all).
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Accommodation: Wolwedans Dunes Lodge
- Day 3: Sossusvlei - Windhoek
- This morning you are collected from the lodge and join a balloon flight over Sossusvlei - this is followed by a champagne breakfast, held wherever the balloon lands. You then return to the lodge from where you drive back to Windhoek
- All your meals and activities as specified.
A welcome pack including maps and vouchers for the places that you'll be visiting.
See the individual lodges for precise inclusions & exclusions
A 24 hour emergency assistance phone number
- Vehicle & Fuel
Park entrance fees (these need to be paid on arrival).
Tips and gratuities (which are optional).
Any meals or activities not specified.
See the individual lodges for detailed inclusions & exclusions.
- Although we have excluded the cost of renting a vehicle from the quoted rate we are happy to advise you on the best possible vehicle and arrange a rental for you. For an idea of what is available have a look at our car hire in Namibia section
3 Days - A Sossusvlei trip including guided nature drives & visits to the dunes as well as a balloon safari
3 Days - NamibRand Nature Reserve is one of the most beautiful desert areas in Namibia - this fully inclusive trip visits this scenic area
3 Days - Swakopmund on the Namibian coast is the destination of this self drive tour
4 Days - Etosha & Ongava reserve offer excellent wildlife viewing
12 Days - Sossusvlei, Swakopmund, Damaraland, Etosha & Ongava Reserves, Okonjima