Sossusvlei Classic Flight
Includes: Sossusvlei - Namibia
- No part of the desert is visually more stunning than Sossusvlei.
- The warm tints of the sand range from pale apricot to brick orange and deep red, vividly contrasting with the large white clay pans at some of their bases.
- Colonies of Cape fur seals.
- The shipwrecks of: The passenger liner 'Eduard Bohlen,' stranded in 1909. She lies 250m away from the shore. Further along the coast is the 'Shaunee,' stranded in 1976.
Along the coast with the Atlantic surf on the one side and the 'long wall' (Namib Dunes) on the other, you reach Sandwich Harbour, a wetland of international importance and protected by the Ramsar Convention. The highest recorded density of lesser and greater flamingo's was recorded at low tide with 7,791 birds/km. In harmony with the surroundings you will find:
- Namibia's coastal salt mines, south of Walvis Bay, attracting thousands of birds.
- Walvis Bay, Namibia's major harbour town and a former enclave to South Africa, which was incorporated into Namibia on March 1, 1994, the next destination.
- Midway between Walvis Bay and Swakopmund we pass the Langstrand Holiday Resort and the Dolphin Park Recreation Resort before landing at Swakopmund airfield.
Distance = 630km
- Mode of transport
- Light Air-Craft
- Number Of Participants
- Maximum of 5
landing fees & parking fees
refreshments on board
ISOS Cover per passenger..
costs which may occur as a result of having to divert to an alternate airfield, due to adverse weather, or reasons which may effect the safety of our passengers.
- Conditions: The company accepts no responsibility for any delays caused by unforeseen circumstances, mechanical breakdowns, diversions or cancellations due to adverse weather or circumstances beyond our control.
This quotation is linked to the N$ / US$ exchange rate and an escalation may influence the quoted price.
ISOS Cover - Passengers will be covered for the duration of the entire flight. The cover only includes medical emergencies arising from direct trauma (eg. an accident), and passengers will not be covered for pre-existing medical conditions.