Zovu Elephant Lodge
Caprivi Strip - Namibia
Zovu Elephant Lodge is situated in Namibia, at the far eastern side of the Zambezi Region (formerly the Caprivi Strip). It is at the confluence of the mighty Zambezi and Chobe Rivers, a region that borders not only Namibia, but Zimbabwe, Zambia and Botswana as well. The vegetation is lush and supports a dense game population, in this unique corner of Namibia.
The lodge's location make it the ideal destination for travellers just entering Namibia or perhaps for those on the way out who still feel there is room for some more excitement at the end of their trip.
On arrival at Kasane, you will be met by staff from Zovu Lodge. They will assist you with immigration and customs procedures and the adventure begins with a brief, but exciting transfer by boat to the lodge. Travellers arriving by road can leave their vehicles at a secure parking area at the border post, and passengers from scheduled or private charters from either Victoria Falls, Livingstone, Maun or Katima Mulilo will be greeted at Kasane airstrip.
Facilities at the lodge include a fully-licensed bar, restaurant and an inviting swimming pool. Zovu Elephant Lodge pride themselves on the excellent cuisine, complemented by a decent range of fine wines. Guests can relax on the lawn, the ideal venue for enjoying the spectacular views of the Chobe River. A laundry service is available.
Accommodation at Zovu Elephant Lodge consists of 10 double rooms. En-suite facilities, twin/double beds, ceiling fan are standard throughout. There is small verandah with table and chairs.
Many activities are available from the lodge and due to its location, activities are usually river-centric.
- Game-boat cruises
- An excellent way for game viewing and photographic opportunities, is to cruise the Chobe River by boat. Huge herds of buffalo and elephant are drawn to the river and its banks to drink, bathe and play. Basks of crocodile lay completely still in the hot sunshine, just waiting for unsuspecting prey approaching the water's edge
- There have been around 420 species of bird recorded in the area. Spotting them can be done by boat or on foot.
- Sundowner cruises
- A boat trip just as the sun sets, is a thoroughly enjoyable way to build an appetite before dinner, not to mention quenching your thirst at the same time.
- Tribal village tours
- Trips to a tribal village can be organized. Learn how the local tribes prepare and cook their food, use plants for healing and medicinal purposes and survive in the modern world.
- Angle the winding channels of the Caprivi flood plains or the mighty Zambezi River on a fishing excursion.
- Game drives
- 4x4 game drives in open-sided Land Rovers through Chobe Park can be organized.
- Day trips
- The opportunity for a day trip to the Victoria Falls, one of the 7 wonders of the world, should not be overlooked.
A rustic tented camp, built on raised decks overlooking the Chobe River and Chobe National Park.
On the Kwando River, perfectly situated to visit the Nkasa Rupara (Mamili) & Mudumu Reserves
Just outside the town of Katima Mulilo lies this small river front lodge. The accommodation is rustic with open fronted bungalows overlooking the river.
Explore the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers on an adventurous houseboat holiday. Certainly one of the most enjoyable and relaxing ways of exploring the waterways of this area
Caprivi Mutoya Lodge offers an ideal base to day trip into some of the Zambezi Regions most well-known national parks and a famous world heritage site.
Part of the Zambezi Queen collection these three smaller houseboats operate on the Chobe River " offer a superb opportunity to view birds, mammals and scenery on a 2 or 3 night trip
Previously called Ntwala Lodge, this property is situated on three small islands in an ultra-luxurious Chobe destination, with four suites, each with plunge pool and private guiding
Overlooking the vast Chobe floodplain from its situation on the banks of the Chobe River in the east Caprivi this lodge has a lot to offer visitors
Overlooking the Chobe River and Botswana's Chobe National Park, this boutique hotel offers an excellent opportunity to experience all the wildlife and activities the Chobe Region has to offer
One of the best lodges in this area has accommodation in both traditional land based units as well as on two houseboats.
A four room private camp set inside the Nkasa Rupara National Park. A remote and private location in Namibia's least visited hidden gems of a game park makes this a must visit lodge. The lodge can also be booked for exclusive use on a self catering basis
A tented lodge on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River. Offers both self catering facilities and restaurant meals. Excellent for fishing.
This lodge is located at the only place in the world where four countries meet. It is a wonderful Chobe destination with eight luxury chalets.
A more rustic and smaller alternative to the ever popular Lianshulu Lodge
Situated in the Mudumu National Park this is one of the east Zambezi Region's most popular lodges
Situated on an island in the Kwando river around 4km from the trans-Caprivi highway
Located on the banks of the Kwando river in the heart of the Mashi Conservancy, within Bwabwata National Park. This is a sanctuary for more than 35 game species and upwards of 330 bird species. Animals move freely throughout the area which creates a mecca for wildlife viewing
A popular and well appointed lodge near Kongola
A wonderful lodge in an extremely remote location, this is a must for anyone wanting to get of the beaten track and experience Namibia at her best. Offers game viewing in the Nkasa Rupara (formerly Mamili) National Park and boat trips on the Linyanti River.
A small luxurious houseboat, offers awesome game viewing, bird watching & fishing experiences on the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
in the Bwabwata National Park this is a perfect land and water camp with six luxury suites, each with private plunge pool
A luxurious house boat on the Chobe River which offers 2 or 3 night cruises on the Chobe River. An excellent way to celebrate a special occasion or just to relax in these splendid surroundings
In the far eastern Caprivi this lodge offers lots of water based activities on both the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.