Vreugde Guest Farm
Lodges near Etosha National Park
Vreugde Guest Farm is a small, family run establishment set in a beautiful, verdant garden. A warm welcome is assured by the owners who pride themselves on their delicious Namibian farm cuisine. Your accommodation is only 30mins drive from Andersson's Gate, the main entrance way to Namibia's number one tourist attraction, Etosha National Park. Many guests use Vreugde as a base to explore the park, especially the waterholes in and around Okaukuejo and Halali Restcamps.
Breakfast and dinner are served in the main farm-house or an outdoor dining area. Lunch packs must be ordered in advance and special diets can be catered for. Drinks can be ordered in the garden as there is ample seating in the sun or the shade. Retire to one of the 2 grass topped Lapa's for a nightcap after dinner or the open fire-pit in the winter. Guests can also help themselves to drinks from the honesty bar in the main lapa. Take a refreshing dip in the swimming pool after a game drive in Etosha.
Although Etosha National Park is dominated by an enormous mineral pan it only sustains water for a short time often attracting large flocks of flamingoes. It is the string of waterholes along the southern edges of the Etosha Pan that lure large concentrations of wildlife and birds. Large mammals such as elephant and giraffe, lion, leopard and cheetah and a wide variety of antelope species including kudu, gemsbok and eland are highly sought after.
A same-day laundry service, telephone and free Wi-fi internet access (garden, Lapa and some rooms only) can be arranged. Tea, coffee and cake are served in the lapa every afternoon, while tea & coffee are available throughout the day. Vreugde Guest Farm is a multiple Hospitality Association of Namibia (HAN) Golden Award winner, a feat which only highlights their attention to detail and personalized service.
Comfortable and rustic accommodation is in a combination of spacious rooms all facing the beautiful garden. In addition to duvets thick blankets in the winter and flat sheets in the summer are provided. Some of the rooms can access complementary Wi-fi. A hot water bottle will be placed in your bed whilst you are at dinner on those cold winter nights. Accommodation is availbale iin:
- Double Room: There is just the 1 double room ideal for a couple. En-suite facilities with a shower, a ceiling fan, hair-dryer, umbrellas, in-room safe and mosquito netting / gauze fitted to the sliding doors and windows, insect repellent and mosquito plug-in devices are standard.
- Twin Rooms: These 5 rooms have twin beds and facilities similar to the Double Rooms.
- Family Room: Suitable for a family of 4 in separate beds with facilities and furnishings similar to the twin and double rooms.
Afrikaans, German, English and French spoken while Dutch and Flemish are understood at Vreugde Guest Farm.
- Etosha Tours
- Guided tours on an open safari vehicle are available for those who prefer not to drive themselves. The Vreugde Guest Farm tour guides have extensive knowledge of Etosha NP and can lead you to animals you might not have encountered on your own. Morning, afternoon or full-day excursions are available with a maximum of 9 pax. Halali can be reached to the east and just beyond Ozonjuitji m'Barii to the west on the full day safari.
- Farm drives
- Some guests prefer a more sedate activity. A short tour of their working cattle and sheep farm is recommended to learn of small-scale agricultural business practices.
- A relaxing stroll through the farm's mopane bushveld can yield a few surprises. Warthogs, kudu and steenbok are resident as are a host of bird species. Walk with their dogs at sunset. Guided or unguided.
- The wide variety of trees in the garden attract numerous species of bird as does the mopane bushveld.
A mid market lodge, situated on the Ongava Private Reserve, very close to the main, Andersson, entrance to Etosha Park
On a small hill on the extreme western side of Etosha - Dolomite is the newest (and fifth camp) to open within the park boundaries. It is a smaller lodge as opposed to the traditional resort feel of the other camps within the park
Value for money accommodation in a well designed tented camp
Traditional slightly formal up-market lodge. Situated on same property as Eagle Tented Camp
Only 10km's from the park, Etosha Safari Camp offers good quality budget accommodation
Within 10km of the Etosha entrance this mid-range lodge offers an ideal base from which to explore the park
40 Room lodge only 4km from the park. Offers self catering units and a restaurant
Situated just north of the town of Outjo around 90km south of the Park
One of the five camps situated inside the park, generally less popular with visitors than Okaukuejo or Namutoni but has the advantage of a secluded quiet spot lit waterhole
On the far western edge of the park, just outside the Galton Gate, this is an excellent location to explore Etosha, Damaraland and the remote Kaokoland area
Luxury accommodation, each unit with private pool, great place to spoil yourself. Guided tours on private nature reserve and inside Etosha Park
Value for money self drive option situated 32km from the park
Accommodation in permanently erected tents, 14km south of the park
Extremely popular and busy accommodation inside the park with a good spot-lit waterhole, great choice if location is deciding factor on where to stay
A brand new campsite inside Etosha Park. No accommodation is available here and this only caters for self-sufficient campers. A highlight of the camp is the unique hide which overlooks the camps waterhole
Upmarket accommodation, situated on private game reserve with easy access to the National Park
On the same property as Ongava Lodge, but offering a more traditional tented safari style experience
Once called Etosha Gateway lodge this is a budget accommodation option which has recently been renovated.
This small family owned and managed guest farm is situated in easy driving distance of Etosha. The tranquil gardens and homely atmosphere make for a relaxed stay far from the crowds of the more commercial lodges
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.