Uukwaluudhi Safari Lodge
Owamboland | Northern Etosha - Namibia
Uukwaluudhi Safari Lodge is located in a 6,000ha wildlife reserve within the Uukwaluudhi Conservancy. This is situated in the Omusati Region of northern Namibia. Enjoy wildlife viewing of the pan and waterhole from the comfort and safety of the lodge.
A worthwhile stopover in its own right, it provides an ideal setting for self-drive travellers and small groups heading into Etosha National Park, Damaraland, Kaololand and Oshakati. The lodge is no further than an hours drive from the small town of Opuwo.
Omusati is right at the heart of Owamboland, where the greatest percentage of Namibian people live. Communal land is a feature of the region, a system where there is no individual ownership or boundaries. The name 'Uukwaluudhi' means 'small group of one clan'.
The thatched main area at Uukwaluudhi Safari Lodge is set under an open sided veranda, situated on top of a small knoll, overlooking a large savannah plain. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be ordered from the chef's 'a la carte' menu. Power is supplied throughout by solar energy. Expect there to be enough electricity to charge your laptops but not your hairdryers.
Accommodation is in 8 Meru style tents. Up to 3 of these tents can be converted into doubles. Each unit is equipped with an en-suite bathroom with shower, toilet and wash basin, fan and private veranda. Repellent spray is provided and every tent is mosquito proof. Children of all ages are welcome
Elephant roam the conservancy but do not enter the reserve. Black-faced impala, kudu, duiker, hartebeest, eland, zebra, giraffe and springbok can be observed. Knowledgeable and experienced guides are present on all excursions.Activities are conducted in specialized game viewing vehicles or on foot as there are no resident predators in the reserve. Self-drive 4x4 vehicles are recommended to reach the lodge in the rainy season.
- Morning and afternoon game drives
- All kinds of wildlife activity and interaction take place at the these times, the preferred times of day for photography as well.
- Half or full day mountain biking
- Hurtle around the reserve by pedal power. Great exercise presenting many game viewing opportunities on the way round.
- Guided hikes
- Learn of the flora and fauna of the reserve with the possibility to get close to the animals.
From Kamanjab drive northwards on C35 for 187 km until you reach the turnoff to Opuwo and Omakange. Turn right to Omakange onto the C41 for 10km until you reach a gravel road that turns off to the right. Follow this gravel road for 7 km until you reach the gate at Uukwaluudhi Safari Lodge. The gate is manned by a security guard who will give directions to the lodge.
A traditional Owambo homestead which offers a unique opportunity of interacting with the local community while getting involved in local activities such as cattle herding and basket making.
Situated at the Ruacana falls on the Namibia / Angola border - this lodge serves as a gateway between Kaokoland and Owamboland
North of Etosha, east of Osahakati & west of Opuwo this remote lodge is situated on the vast plains of the Omusati Region. Attractions here include tracking Black Rhino.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.