Terra Africa Guest House
Windhoek - Namibia
Guest House Terra Africa is situated in Namibia's capital Windhoek, and is set on the hills overlooking the city, just opposite of the presidential state house grounds. It is the first establishment of its kind to operate as an art gallery and a guest house. It is an ideal location to start and end a safari into the countries fascinating wildlife and attractions.
It boasts beautiful views of the southern valleys of Windhoek and displays a fine collection of Namibian and African art. Terra Africa pride themselves on their fine local cuisine, boutique wine selection and warm hospitality.
Guests at Terra Africa can expect a wonderful, warm welcome, with enticing lounge, (and inviting fireplace) and stunning outside areas. Central e-mail and fax facilities are available at reception.
A light lunch or dinner can be chosen from the small 'a la carte' house menu, (by prior reservation from Sunday to Thursday evenings) in their dining room, or on the patio-deck. Simplistic, wholesome, 'home cuisine,' gourmet style meals are on offer. There are wonderful views from the dining area, of the spectacular Khomas Hochland mountains, especially at sunset.
Fine dining is not complete unless it is complemented with a comprehensive selection of international award-winning wines from the Cape. Their wine is hand-selected by Terra Africa host and manager, Rolf Hansen, and appointed wine master and close friend, Melle Orford. Namibian-brewed beers and liqueurs are also available.
For larger groups, the evening meal will be cooked on a braai; a combination of local meats, cheeses, salads and freshly home-baked breads. Terra Africa Guest House is not open for dining or drinks to the general public.
Accommodation is in 10 guest rooms, each one is individually decorated and comfortably appointed, presenting a feeling of warmth and homeliness as each guest enters the door. The focus of their guest rooms and living spaces, is on simplistic comforts, such as high quality linen and interior finishes, that promote rest and relaxation, before a good night’s sleep. Each room has individually controlled air-conditioning and heating, overhead ceiling fans, hotel feature telephones, 20 channel Dstv, an electronic safe, an 'honesty' mini-bar, tea/coffee station, a hairdryer and complimentary wireless 'Wi-Fi,' Internet connectivity.
A very impressive facility at the Terra Africa Guest House, is the heat-controlled 'eternal rim-flow' sparkling swimming pool, of which the water temperature is maintained at a suitable level for year-round swimming. After a dip, guests can relax on the pool-side patio, the sun deck, or one of the many private reading spots in the beautiful garden.
Children are most welcome, but parents / guardians should acquaint themselves and their 'little ones,' with the guest houses' child policy.
Terra Africa Guest House is also ideal for the business executive too. The wireless internet connection, allowing emailing or internet related work, all from the comfort of the sparkling heated patio-pool area.
This excursion to a game lodge offers the unique opportunity to view leopards & cheetah at close range
A wide variety of horse riding options including: Champagne Breakfast Rides, Sundowner Rides, Rides by the hour & even multiple day outings
Explore the township area of Katutura on a bike tour
Get to visit Windhoek's township from the comfort of your own vehicle - while accompanied by a knowledgeable local guide
Half or Full- Day Tours to a game ranch north of the city. Includes horse riding (only on full day), a game drive & lion feeding
Visit a diamond & jewelry showroom - open 7 days a week by appointment
A historical & cultural half day trip that explores central Windhoek
Learn about the pre-independence apartheid history of Windhoek
Terra Africa Guest House is at 6 Kenneth McArthur Street, Olympia, Windhoek
- From International Airport Hosea Kutako
- Follow the B6 Main Road form the Airport in Westerly direction to City of Windhoek. At the T-junction upon entering the city, turn right onto Sam Nujoma Drive. Continue with Sam Nujoma Drive for 4 Main Traffic Light Junctions. You should now find yourself at the crossing of Sam Nujoma Drive and Robert Mugabe Avenue. Turn left onto Robert Mugabe Avenue and continue in a Southerly direction. Continue on this road for 3 Main Traffic Light Junctions. You should now be at the Crossing of Robert Mugabe Avenue and Laurent Desire Kabila Street. TURN LEFT on to Laurent Desire Kabila Street. Take the first turn-off Right: George Hunter Street Take next major turn-off Right: Kenneth McArthur Street. Guesthouse Terra Africa, 6 Kenneth McArthur Street is the 3rd Property on your right.
- Entering Windhoek from the south
- Follow B1 Main Road into City of Windhoek, until it forms Auas Road. Remain on Auas Road up to the second major Traffic Light junction (just yonder of the traffic circle/roundabout). You should now be on the crossing of Auas Road and Sean McBride Street. Turn Right onto Sean McBride Street and continue with this road until the T-junction onto Robert Mugabe. Turn Left and continue on Robert Mugabe Avenue. At the Major Traffic light Junction (crossing of Robert Mugabe and Laurent Desire Kabila) turn RIGHT onto Laurent Desiree Kabila Street. Take the first turn-off Right: George Hunter Street Take next major turn-off Right: Kenneth McArthur Street. Guesthouse Terra Africa, 6 Kenneth McArthur Street is the 3rd Property on your right.
- From the North or West (Coast)
- Remain on the B1 Main Road into City of Windhoek. This road turns into the WESTERN BYPASS. Remain on this bypass until the traffic circle/roundabout. Turn left onto Auas Road and drive in a northerly direction. Remain on Auas Road up to the second major Traffic Light junction (just yonder of the traffic circle/roundabout). You should now be on the crossing of Auas Road and Sean McBride Street. Turn Right onto Sean McBride Street and continue with this road until the T-junction onto Robert Mugabe. Turn Left and continue on Robert Mugabe Avenue. At the Major Traffic light Junction (crossing of Robert Mugabe and Laurent Desire Kabila) turn RIGHT onto Laurent Desiree Kabila Street. Take the first turn-off Right: George Hunter Street Take next major turn-off Right: Kenneth McArthur Street. Guesthouse Terra Africa, 6 Kenneth McArthur Street is the 3rd Property on your right.
a boutique hotel in the southern suburbs
a luxurious six bedroom establishment
Recently opened guest house in a quite upmarket suburb. Offers meals & excellent service
A friendly owner managed guest house surrounded by landscaped gardens. Located in the upmarket suburb of Eros.
in the quiet suburb of Olympia
An owner run guest house located in a well established suburb
Well established guest house in a suburban setting
Offers some of the best value for money accommodation in Windhoek
situated in the suburb of Olympia this guest house also doubles as a small art gallery
in the suburb of Klein Whindoek this boutique hotel shares grounds with one of Windhoek's most popular restaurants and a health spa
a small well designed B&B in a popular upmarket suburb
a beautiful, owner-run guest house in a quiet subburb, within walking distance of several eateries
in a historic building, good for families
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.