Swakopmund Sands Hotel
Swakopmund - Namibia
Swakopmund Sands Hotel is a well-placed, modern bed and breakfast establishment set on the seaside town's 'Platinum Mile'. They offer luxury combined with tranquillity for individual travellers, self-drive tourists in Namibia and families alike. Head to the roof 'sun terrace' after a long drive or your day trip or activity to admire the beautiful views of the Namib Desert dunes and the Atlantic Ocean. Also only a few minutes walk away are the aquarium, the Swakopmund town centre and most of the other tourist attractions. Wine and dine in the popular Jetty & Tug Restaurants, located nearby.
Services inside are a safe and Wi-Fi both at reception, Breakfast Room, bar, lounge and conference facilities. Relax on the terrace and there is secure parking. A sumptuous breakfast buffet is served in the dining room and enjoy a sundowner in the lounge.
The Swakopmund Sands Hotel provides comfortably furnished rooms and luxury suites
- Standard Double Rooms: Most of the rooms have twin beds the others double. All of these rooms are equipped with flat screen TVís, a safe, under floor heating, fridge and a tea/coffee station. Hair-dryers, and International power points and a shaving facility are fitted in the en-suite bathrooms.
- Royal Ruby Suite: A private and luxurious 45m≤ unit with partial sea views. The bathroom has a modern shower/heated towel rails. Also in the suite is a king-sized bed, flat screen TV, under floor heating, in-room safe and complimentary Wi-Fi. Breakfast is served on your private balcony. Self-cater in the fully-equipped kitchenette and feast in the luxury dining area.
- Emerald Luxury Suite: A suite with sea views and similar facilities to the Standard Double Rooms.
- Sapphire Luxury Suite: A suite with 2 double beds and similar facilities to the other suites.
There are many activities in and around the Swakopmund area, including the National Marine Aquarium, a transport museum, the Crystal Gallery and bird and dolphin watching.
If you're looking for modern, yet cosy, accommodation in Swakopmund this is the hotel for you.
A hot air balloon ride over the Namib Desert
Full & half day trips from Swakopmund to various birding hotspots in the Namib Desert
A half day tour (with morning and afternoon departures) to the seal colony at Cape Cross
Visits the seal colony at Cape Cross and the Messum Crater which is best known for it's desert adapted plants such as the Welwitschia Mirabilis
Everything from sharks to pilchards
A half day tour into the Namib Desert
A day trip from Swakopmund into the Namib Desert
Explore the Namib Desert at night on foot - a great way to learn about the nocturnal creatures which inhabit this part of Namibia.
2 hour guided trip into the dune belt near Swakopmund (50km) - you enter an area where you cannot get to by car or foot. No experience necessary...
Skitter down the slip faces of a tall star dune near Swakopmund at 80km/h on a lie-down board, or enjoy the style and grace of a stand-up board. No experience necessary.
A day trip from Swakopmund down the Skeleton Coast to Sandwich Harbour
Leave the safety of the aircraft and join a tandem skydive. No experience required!
Full day tour to the Spitzkoppe Mountains - you will meet the Damara people and be introduced to the Bushman rock art of the area.
This tour is an exploration into the past, present & future of the town of Swakopmund
view the lagoon from the comfort of a catamaran
A dolphin cruise around the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Quad biking in the coastal dunes with a difference. These tours concentrate on the fauna, flora & people who inhabit the dune belt, excellent guiding and stunning scenery make this an experience not to be missed
An eventful day trip combining kayaking on the lagoon with a 4x4 trip through the Namib Desert dunes ending in Sandwich Harbour
A morning of cruising on the Walvis Bay lagoon is followed by the spectacular and thrilling drive to the natural harbour & splendid birdlife of Sandwich Harbour
Kayaking on the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Top location, right on the beach. This is a very popular accommodation choice - and rightly so.
Slightly outide town on the banks of the Swakop River and overlooking the dunes of the Namib Desert. Excellent for those wanting a desert setting near the convenience of town
Close to the main beach and Swakopmund aquarium, also boasts a heated swimming pool
Very centrally located with a quaint German atmosphere.
A new hotel and spa complex situated north of town in the suburb of Mile 4
Absolutely unique! Built on stilts into the Swakop River - many units offer great views. Feels more like a traditional country lodge rather than an establishment in a busy tourist town.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.