Suricate Kalahari Tented Camp
Kalahari - southern Namibia
Suricate Tented Kalahari Lodge is situated in the Intu Afrika Kalahari Private Game Reserve. It is in a 10,000ha wildlife sanctuary, located in the south-western region of the Kalahari Desert, along the upper reaches of the Auob river system of Namibia. The expanse of the reserve is characterized by lofty ancient parallel red dunes sparsely covered by unique vegetation. The lodge itself is set on a red sand dune, overlooking a pan system.
There is a restaurant, lounge and pool and bar. Both the cozy African-style lounge that overlooks the vast grassy pans of the Auob river, and the pool deck, are perfect settings for guests to enjoy their drinks and meals. Alternately, wine and dine in the outdoor boma that looks out onto the vast grassy pans of the Auob River.
Stopover for a couple of nights in the privacy of the Kalahari savannah:
- Standard Tents: 11 spacious walk-in style tents with intimate open-air bathroom, with hot and cold running water, flush toilet and shower. Twin beds, mosquito netting, tea/coffee station, a mini-bar and a safe are standard. Relax on the large deck with wooden table and chairs.
- Honeymoon Tent: A luxurious and well-secluded romantic getaway with similar facilities to the Standard Tents plus your very own private pool.
Guests can explore the Kalahari in open 4x4 vehicles, partake in a dune sundowner, and join guided walks with bushman trackers/trained guides. There are opportunities to walk with Kalahari Bushman trackers, to discover their desert survival techniques. Many guests are captivated by the history of the ancient San people and thoroughly enjoy exploring the Kalahari in open 4x4 vehicles. This area also offers guests the opportunity to learn about a predator re-introduction programme.
- Game drives
- Explore the reserve on an afternoon trip in search of smaller species of game in the Intu Afrika Kalahari Private Game Reserve.
- Sundowner drive/walk
- Catch the changing colours of the late afternoon at sunset and enjoy a cool drink at the same time.
- Bushmen guided walks
- The only way to obtain first hand knowledge of their fascinating desert survival secrets whilst learning the history of the ancient San people.
only 25 kilometers west of Mariental this lodge promises an interesting safari experience. With over 19 game species including white rhino on the property, those seeking wildlife in this arid area are unlikely to be disappointed
10 bedroom guest house near the main B1 road in Mariental
Large; budget friendly lodge.
Excellent lodge in the Kalahari Desert, offers accommodation in units made of straw bales or wood. Bagatelle proves to be consistently popular with guests
Interested in gliding? Then this is the lodge for you
On the private Intu Afrika Kalahari Game Reserve.
Recently upgraded, the resort is reasonably close to the main highway and offers an alternative overnight stop for those traveling between South Africa and southern Namibia towards Windhoek and other central areas of the country
Tends to cater for larger groups, but the low rates make it attractive for those looking to save some money.
Small self catering establishment in the pretty Kalahari town of Stampriet
A small well run lodge near the scenic village of Stampriet
Close to the Mata Mata border, the lodge is situated on a large well stocked game park. This is an excellent place to view Kalahari black maned lions
A 12 room lodge situated in a nature reserve and set amongst the red dunes of the Kalahari Desert
Only a few kilometers from Mariental this magnificent game lodge is a green oasis in the Kalahari Desert. A wildlife breeding program means several rare buck species can be found on the lodge's game farm
A wonderful owner managed guest house in the village of Stampriet. An eclectic mix of local antiques & warm hospitality enhance your stay
The meerkat or suricate is a small mammal which inhabits the Kalahari - we do not know why this lodge is named after them. Perhaps if you stay here and find out you can tell us and then we can make this slightly more descriptive
A tented lodge, built on the small red dunes of the Kalahari Desert.
The third lodge on the Intu Afrika Kalahari Game Reserve (along with Suricate & Camethorn Lodges). The Kalahari is absolutely magnificent and really should be a part of any visit to Namibia.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.