Accommodation in Swakopmund - Namibia
The Stiltz has the only accommodation in Swakopmund, that overlooks the Atlantic Ocean, the Swakop river-bed, the sand dunes and the bird-rich lagoon of the river mouth. As it's name suggests, each private bungalow is built on stilts, and they are interlinked by wooden walkways, as well as to and from the main dining bungalow. It is hard to believe that with such a unique setting, it is actually in the town.
This popular bed and breakfast establishment, is only a brisk 15 minute walk from the town centre, and is a very convenient base to explore Swakopmund town centre, with it's plentiful selection of restaurant's, bar's and amenities. The Stiltz recommends The Tug and the Die Kelder, for an evening of outstanding food and wine.
There is a breakfast room with a small lounge, for those guests not 'out on the town' or enjoying many of the activities in and around the area. The couch is made of blue-gum wood, collected in the Swakop River. It faces a large window with a panoramic view of the sea and riverine environment. They are welcome to use the telephone and Internet facility in the main office, once they've finished gawping out of the window. There is also a laundry service.
Accommodation is in either bungalows or luxury villas. Each unit is stylishly decorated and furnished and the interiors have been colourfully and artistically designed. The bathrooms have rosewood door frames, terracotta floor tiles and walls of coloured steel sheeting.
- Bungalows: 8 bungalows in either a twin or double configuration with 1 Honeymoon Suite. They all sleep 2 persons. En-suite bathrooms and shower, mini-bar, tea/coffee station, a small in-room safe, heaters and electric blankets are standard. Every bungalow has a balcony with ocean, dune or lagoon views. Seating is in director 'fold-up' chairs, crafted especially for The Stiltz. Wi-fi internet is available throughout.
- Family Unit: The Family Unit is a bungalow which is ideal for 2 to 4 persons. The facilities and views are similar to the Bungalows.
- Villas: There are 2 luxury villas which can accommodate up to 6 guests per villa. Both are spaciously spread over 2 levels with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms in each. The massive picture window upstairs frames spectacular sea views from the comfort of the Emperor-sized bed. Views and facilities are similar to the bungalows.
For safety reasons, most of the accommodation of this lodge is not suitable for children under 12. However, children are allowed to stay in the family bungalow or the The Villa.
Swakopmund vehicle rental can also be arranged.
A hot air balloon ride over the Namib Desert
Full & half day trips from Swakopmund to various birding hotspots in the Namib Desert
A half day tour (with morning and afternoon departures) to the seal colony at Cape Cross
Visits the seal colony at Cape Cross and the Messum Crater which is best known for it's desert adapted plants such as the Welwitschia Mirabilis
Everything from sharks to pilchards
A half day tour into the Namib Desert
A day trip from Swakopmund into the Namib Desert
Explore the Namib Desert at night on foot - a great way to learn about the nocturnal creatures which inhabit this part of Namibia.
2 hour guided trip into the dune belt near Swakopmund (50km) - you enter an area where you cannot get to by car or foot. No experience necessary...
Skitter down the slip faces of a tall star dune near Swakopmund at 80km/h on a lie-down board, or enjoy the style and grace of a stand-up board. No experience necessary.
A day trip from Swakopmund down the Skeleton Coast to Sandwich Harbour
Leave the safety of the aircraft and join a tandem skydive. No experience required!
Full day tour to the Spitzkoppe Mountains - you will meet the Damara people and be introduced to the Bushman rock art of the area.
This tour is an exploration into the past, present & future of the town of Swakopmund
view the lagoon from the comfort of a catamaran
A dolphin cruise around the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Quad biking in the coastal dunes with a difference. These tours concentrate on the fauna, flora & people who inhabit the dune belt, excellent guiding and stunning scenery make this an experience not to be missed
An eventful day trip combining kayaking on the lagoon with a 4x4 trip through the Namib Desert dunes ending in Sandwich Harbour
A morning of cruising on the Walvis Bay lagoon is followed by the spectacular and thrilling drive to the natural harbour & splendid birdlife of Sandwich Harbour
Kayaking on the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Top location, right on the beach. This is a very popular accommodation choice - and rightly so.
Slightly outide town on the banks of the Swakop River and overlooking the dunes of the Namib Desert. Excellent for those wanting a desert setting near the convenience of town
Close to the main beach and Swakopmund aquarium, also boasts a heated swimming pool
Very centrally located with a quaint German atmosphere.
A new hotel and spa complex situated north of town in the suburb of Mile 4
Absolutely unique! Built on stilts into the Swakop River - many units offer great views. Feels more like a traditional country lodge rather than an establishment in a busy tourist town.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.