near Gobabis - Namibia
Sandune Game Lodge is set in a 4,600ha fenced game farm in the Kalahari Forest region. They pride themselves on a high standard of cuisine complemented by a comprehensive wine list, served by dedicated and efficient staff who provide all-round personalized service.
The game farm itself is home to more than 1,000 animals which covers more than 13 different species. Combine some light game viewing in a relaxing environment. A stay here is ideal for Namibian self-drive tourists heading towards Hosea Kutako International Airport on the B6 from the Botswana (Buitepos) Border Post.
The lodge consists of a guest house, wooden bush lodge, and luxury, safari tented en-suite accommodation. The main dining area is covered by shady trees, but still offers a panoramic view of the spotlit waterhole, which can be enjoyed 24hrs a day. There is something quite special about night game viewing. Herds of kudu, blue wildebeest, birds of prey and small antelope come to drink, graze and play here.
Accommodation is in 4 areas:
- The Sandune Guest House has 7 twin en-suite rooms, (single or double) including 3 sharing units with 2 bedrooms each. (Max 4 pers.) It has a viewing deck at the waterhole, with a bar order facility. All of the rooms have electric lights and plug-in points, mosquito repellent, shaving and room mirrors, hair dryers, overhead roof fans and a room safe. There are comfortable chairs on the private patios for game viewing.
- The Sandune Safari Bush Villa, is 8kms from the main lodge. There is 1 honeymoon suite and 2 en-suite rooms, (shower and WC in each) solar lightening, mosquito nets, room safes and room mirrors. (There are no electricity points.) The honeymoon suite, is in a 2 story high room with patio and great views of the visiting wildlife. Meals are prepared by a personal chef.
- The Sandune Lodge is tented accommodation, within walking distance from main Lodge. There are 3 en-suite bush tents, equipped with showers, tea/coffee station, solar lightening and lanterns, and wildlife views.
- The Sandune Bush tent accommodation is 6kms from the main lodge. There are 3 tents situated on the perimeters of waterholes, where an abundance of wildlife can be viewed. It is an ideal place to relax in total privacy. Power is from solar energy and lantern lights, and there is warm water and en-suite covered showers. Each tent has a tea/coffee stations.
Activities include morning and afternoon game drives, a visit to an authentic Bushman village with tribal dancing, and a guided Bushman walk. Bird watching is also a great favourite here.
Children are welcome at Sandune Lodge, but can only stay in the Guest house with parents.
Note, most activities must be booked ahead
- Game Drives
- are offered twice daily and include soft drinks & refreshments
- Night Drives
- are offered after Dinner each night giving guests the opportunity to observe nocturnal animals.
- Cultural visit
- at the Bushman Village on the farm with curio's and dancing.
- Bird watching
- Guided walks
- as well as walking trails are available.
- from Windhoek
- head towards to Gobabis on the B6 national road. Pass through Gobabis and continue on the B6 for a further 3km. Turn right (south) on the C22 road going to Arminius and continue for 8km on this road till you reach the gate on your right-hand side of SanDüne Lodge. Open the gate, drive for 7km to the second Main gate the lodge is a further 3km
- from South Africa through Botswana
- reaching the Buitepos Border Post - continue on the B6 national road for 100km and turn left on the C22 to Arminius and continue for 8km on this road till you reach the gate of SanDüne Lodge. Enter the gate and drive for 7km until you reach the second gate. Open and close the gate - drive for 3km to the main lodge.
The Arnhem Caves are the largest in Namibia, this simple rest camp allows guests to explore these caves
Built from locally made red Kalahari clay bricks this is a wonderful lodge. Expect good food, stunning Kalahari sunsets and a warm welcome
An ideal stop over in the Kalahari en-route between Botswana and central Namibia
Hans and Claudia run an excellent guest farm - activities include game drives, learning about (and eating) local sheep, the art centre and carpet weaving. We think this is one of the best guest farms in Namibia
Offers a variety of accommodation styles from guest houses to a tented camp.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.