Ruacana Eha Lodge
Ruacana - Owamboland - Namibia
Ruacana Eha Lodge is situated in the town of the same name, a destination known for the picturesque Ruacana Falls (20kms away). The town was developed around a major underground hydroelectric plant linked to the nearby dam across the border in Angola at Calueque. Visits to this station can be arranged from the lodge.
Self-drive tourists on their way to Kaokoland, Etosha and Epupa Falls should consider staying here. The vibrant African culture of the surrounding Omusati, Oshana, Ohangwena and Oshikoto regions can be experienced first hand. The word 'eha' describes a piece of jewellery worn by the Himba, but it also means 'home'.
Ruacana Eha Lodge has a restaurant, bar and lounge, swimming pool, gym, volleyball and squash courts. There is an up-to-date conference facility, with seating cinema style for 42 people.
The lodge has 21 en-suite rooms. Each room is air conditioned with 6 channel TV, a telephone, fridge, tea/coffee station and a private verandah.
Visits to nearby Himba or Owambo villages can be organized. Guided walks starting and finishing at the lodge are also available.
The nearest landing strip is 10kms from the lodge, and transfers for guests can be arranged.
- Visit Ruacana Falls
- In the rainy season the sight of the falls in full flow will give Victoria Falls a run for it's money.
- Hydro Power Station
- Visit the tunnels, caverns and shafts of the Nampower Hydroelectric Power Station which resembles more of a James Bond set than a national power utility complex. Duration: Approx 1.5 hrs.
- Traditional Himba/Owambo Village
- An opportunity to briefly catch a glimpse of the lifestyle of these nomadic Namibian people who have to follow the rains to graze their herds of cattle and livestock. Both Himba and Owambo people still live in the ancient traditions of their fore-fathers, some side-by-side of others who prefer to adopt the ways of the western world.
- A walking trail to rock pools takes about 3hrs with the opportunity for a dip and a splash on the way.
A traditional Owambo homestead which offers a unique opportunity of interacting with the local community while getting involved in local activities such as cattle herding and basket making.
Situated at the Ruacana falls on the Namibia / Angola border - this lodge serves as a gateway between Kaokoland and Owamboland
North of Etosha, east of Osahakati & west of Opuwo this remote lodge is situated on the vast plains of the Omusati Region. Attractions here include tracking Black Rhino.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.