Royal Benguela Guest House
Swakopmund - Namibia
Set in a quiet residential neighbourhood, only 5kms outside of the Namibian coastal town of Swakopmund, is the Royal Benguela Guesthouse. It offers some of the best accommodation on the coastline, and it's central location provides the perfect base to peruse the towns shops, banks, historical sites and windswept sandy beaches, for tourists and the corporate market alike. Many visitors start or end an adventure into the Namib Desert from here.
Hosts Mac and Adrienne McGregor are ready and waiting to give a warm welcome to their guests. There are 2 lounges in the guesthouse, 1 downstairs with a comfortable sitting area and DSTV, and 1 upstairs with a pay-as-you-go modem and Internet facility. Breakfast is a combination of a cold buffet of cereals, tea/coffee, fresh fruit etc, and guests can order a hot English breakfast as well. The 'honesty' bar, has a fine selection of Namibian beers, South African wines and cold drinks, which can be enjoyed in the private garden. The indoor braai area can be used as an alternative to dining in the local restaurants, and is great opportunity to mingle with other guests.
Accommodation is in individually styled rooms either in the main building or outside in the garden. Rooms inside on the second floor have balconies, affording wonderful views of breathtaking sunrises over the Namib Desert, as well as unsurpassed sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean. Occupy:
- Family Room: The Family Rooms are set outside of the main building. Sleep on a double and a single bed. There are 2 en-suite bathrooms, 1 with a shower and the other with a bath and a shower. Tea/coffee station, hair dryer, in-room safe, fridge, fan, Wi-Fi and hotel package satellite TV are standard.
- Double Rooms: There are 3 Double Rooms rooms set inside the main building. 2 of them are upstairs and 1 has a private balcony. Rest on a queen-sized bed. They are all equipped with an-suite bathroom with bath and shower, tea/coffee station, hair dryer, safe, fridge, fan, Wi-Fi and hotel package satellite TV.
- The Garden Double Room: This is a large double room on the lower floor of the house, so-called because it opens out into the garden. An en-suite bathroom with a shower, queen-sized bed, tea/coffee stations, in-room safe, fridge, hair dryer, Wi-Fi, fan and hotel package TV are standard.
- Suite: The Suite is upstairs inside the house and is larger than the Double Rooms. The facilities are similar with the addition of air-conditioning, a full bouquet DSTV satellite package and it's own balcony.
- Twin Rooms: 2 double rooms for guests who prefer twin beds. En-suite bathroom with a shower, tea/coffee station, hair dryer, safe, fridge, fan, Wi-Fi and hotel package satellite TV are standard.
There is secure parking in the on-site lock-up garages. Children of all ages are welcome at Royal Benguela Guesthouse, but parents/guardians must mind their the younger ones on the stairs and balcony.
Swakopmund car hire can also be arranged.
The Royal Benguela Guesthouse will ensure a truly memorable stay in Namibia.
A hot air balloon ride over the Namib Desert
Full & half day trips from Swakopmund to various birding hotspots in the Namib Desert
A half day tour (with morning and afternoon departures) to the seal colony at Cape Cross
Visits the seal colony at Cape Cross and the Messum Crater which is best known for it's desert adapted plants such as the Welwitschia Mirabilis
Everything from sharks to pilchards
A half day tour into the Namib Desert
A day trip from Swakopmund into the Namib Desert
Explore the Namib Desert at night on foot - a great way to learn about the nocturnal creatures which inhabit this part of Namibia.
2 hour guided trip into the dune belt near Swakopmund (50km) - you enter an area where you cannot get to by car or foot. No experience necessary...
Skitter down the slip faces of a tall star dune near Swakopmund at 80km/h on a lie-down board, or enjoy the style and grace of a stand-up board. No experience necessary.
A day trip from Swakopmund down the Skeleton Coast to Sandwich Harbour
Leave the safety of the aircraft and join a tandem skydive. No experience required!
Full day tour to the Spitzkoppe Mountains - you will meet the Damara people and be introduced to the Bushman rock art of the area.
This tour is an exploration into the past, present & future of the town of Swakopmund
view the lagoon from the comfort of a catamaran
A dolphin cruise around the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Quad biking in the coastal dunes with a difference. These tours concentrate on the fauna, flora & people who inhabit the dune belt, excellent guiding and stunning scenery make this an experience not to be missed
An eventful day trip combining kayaking on the lagoon with a 4x4 trip through the Namib Desert dunes ending in Sandwich Harbour
A morning of cruising on the Walvis Bay lagoon is followed by the spectacular and thrilling drive to the natural harbour & splendid birdlife of Sandwich Harbour
Kayaking on the Walvis Bay Lagoon
An art gallery turned guest house - the Space is truly alternative and worth a visit if you are interested in philosophical conversation, innovative thinking and staying somewhere out of the norm.
Offers a variety of suites, luxury rooms and self catering units. Ideal for the business traveller or holiday maker
Very centrally located, includes traditional guest house accommodation as well as two separate self catering flats
Luxury accommodation with a personal touch.
Small, peaceful guesthouse in a well established part of town
15km outside of Swakopmund this elegant. pet friendly, guest house offers amazing views over the Namib Desert. Accommodation is in either guest house rooms or self catering units
Probably better suited to the business than the leisure end of the market
A well established owner managed guesthouse where emphasis is placed on environmental issues
A small owner run guest house which places an emphasis on offering quality personal service
Fresh, light & airy bed and breakfast in an upmarket and fairly centrally located area
A seven bed-room guest house offering personal attention
Well established, Swiss managed guesthouse which is always a popular choice. Offers good quality accommodation & occasional wine tasting nights
An intimate and sophisticated family-run boutique guesthouse offering comfortable accommodation. A highlight is that each of the en-suite rooms has a private fireplace.
A very popular choice, offers excellent rooms at extremely reasonable prices. Possibly best value for money in Swakopmund
Absolutely unique! Built on stilts into the Swakop River - many units offer great views. Feels more like a traditional country lodge rather than an establishment in a busy tourist town.
A well appointed guest house in the center of town
Centrally located self catering apartments offering a good selection of units (choose from studio, one, two or three bedroom units)
A variety of well appointed suites in a central location
A newer addition, situated in an old historic building near the town center. Expect attention to detail and Italian flair.
A family operated establishment which prides itself on offering guests both personal attention and privacy
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.