Hotel Pension Rapmund
Swakopmund - Namibia
Hotel Pension Rapmund offers a value-for-money Bed & Breakfast establishment situated in the Namibian coastal town of Swakopmund. It is only a few minutes walk from the beach and the town centre, with a wide variety of shops and restaurants placed just around the corner. The area around the hotel is safe enough to walk around at night.
The very strong German influence can be still be seen in the architecture of the town today and the buildings have been excellently maintained and preserved. The Rapmund family were the original owners of the Hotel Pension since 1969, but it changed hands in 2008. The new owners continue to run the pension as a family business.
The reception, breakfast room and TV lounge, are situated in the main building. Wine, beer and soft drinks can be purchased here. Other facilities include a laundry service, a safe to lock up your valuables and 24hr security. Keep in touch with family and friends courtesy of complementary Wi-Fi.
Breakfast is a traditionally hearty German affair, including eggs, cereals, cheeses, jams, tea/coffee, homemade bread and a selection of polonies and meats. Guests can enjoy a wonderful sea view from the breakfast room.
As this is a bed and breakfast establishment, the Rapmund recommends The Brauhaus, a typical German style restaurant and bar to it's guests, for it's meat, seafood and steak menu's. It also serves a wide selection of beers, wines and spirits.
Hotel Pension Rapmund has double rooms, luxury rooms and family units.
- Double Rooms: Standard accommodation with en-suite facilities of a bathroom and shower and heaters. Some of the rooms are on the first floor have a balcony with ocean views. Other rooms have sea-views with twin beds and en-suite bathroom with a bath. Facilities include communal tea/coffee station and a fridge.
- Single Rooms: There are 3 Single Rooms with similar facilities to the Double Rooms.
- Family Rooms: 2 Family Rooms have 2 bedrooms with twin beds and separate bathroom/shower and similar facilities to the Double Rooms. The kitchenette has no cooking facilities. Sleeps 2 adults and 2/3 children.
- Luxury Flat: A luxury family unit with direct sea-views. It has 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, a large lounge with another bed and sleeper couch, tea/coffee station and a microwave.
- The Gallery Room: A luxuriously decorated room on the ground floor with en-suite bathroom and shower, private patio with sea-view, tea/coffee station and a fridge.
The Swakopmund museum, library, heated indoor swimming pool and aquarium, are in easy walking distance from the hotel. Swakopmund car hire can also be arranged.
A hot air balloon ride over the Namib Desert
Full & half day trips from Swakopmund to various birding hotspots in the Namib Desert
A half day tour (with morning and afternoon departures) to the seal colony at Cape Cross
Visits the seal colony at Cape Cross and the Messum Crater which is best known for it's desert adapted plants such as the Welwitschia Mirabilis
Everything from sharks to pilchards
A half day tour into the Namib Desert
A day trip from Swakopmund into the Namib Desert
Explore the Namib Desert at night on foot - a great way to learn about the nocturnal creatures which inhabit this part of Namibia.
2 hour guided trip into the dune belt near Swakopmund (50km) - you enter an area where you cannot get to by car or foot. No experience necessary...
Skitter down the slip faces of a tall star dune near Swakopmund at 80km/h on a lie-down board, or enjoy the style and grace of a stand-up board. No experience necessary.
A day trip from Swakopmund down the Skeleton Coast to Sandwich Harbour
Leave the safety of the aircraft and join a tandem skydive. No experience required!
Full day tour to the Spitzkoppe Mountains - you will meet the Damara people and be introduced to the Bushman rock art of the area.
This tour is an exploration into the past, present & future of the town of Swakopmund
view the lagoon from the comfort of a catamaran
A dolphin cruise around the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Quad biking in the coastal dunes with a difference. These tours concentrate on the fauna, flora & people who inhabit the dune belt, excellent guiding and stunning scenery make this an experience not to be missed
An eventful day trip combining kayaking on the lagoon with a 4x4 trip through the Namib Desert dunes ending in Sandwich Harbour
A morning of cruising on the Walvis Bay lagoon is followed by the spectacular and thrilling drive to the natural harbour & splendid birdlife of Sandwich Harbour
Kayaking on the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Top location, right on the beach. This is a very popular accommodation choice - and rightly so.
Slightly outide town on the banks of the Swakop River and overlooking the dunes of the Namib Desert. Excellent for those wanting a desert setting near the convenience of town
Close to the main beach and Swakopmund aquarium, also boasts a heated swimming pool
Very centrally located with a quaint German atmosphere.
A new hotel and spa complex situated north of town in the suburb of Mile 4
Absolutely unique! Built on stilts into the Swakop River - many units offer great views. Feels more like a traditional country lodge rather than an establishment in a busy tourist town.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.