Peace Garden Lodge
near Grootfontein - Namibia
Peace Garden Lodge is only 7 kilometers from the northern town of Grootfontein. A comfortable, stopover offering true Namibian hospitality is worth considering after you have refuelled and stocked up on provisions before you onward journey. This is the last town on your road trip towards Tsumkwe, Rundu and on to the Zambezi Region. Visitors to the country's number one tourist destination Etosha National Park can also stopover here before the next leg of their vacation.
The elevation of Grootfontein (1,430m above sea level) is responsible for the semi-tropical climate, lush green environment and decent annual levels of rainfall. During the summer months visitors are treated to a myriad of glorious colours when jacaranda and flamboyant trees bloom. Although predominately dominated by cattle and crop farming, the region boasts an abundance of wildlife and game.
Scrumptious fare is served in Peace Garden's restaurant from the 'A la carte' menu. Vegetarians and special dietary requirements can be catered for if notified in advance. Meals can be complemented by a selection of fine Cape wines, Namibian beers and non-alcoholic cool drinks, served in the bar. Wine and dine in either indoor and outdoor seating areas, set close to one of the two swimming pools. Wi-Fi is available in both the main building and the rooms.
Corporate clientele can utilize 3 conference venues, the largest accommodating up to 160 delegates, the other two 30 per room. Tea/coffee/ light snacks, flip charts, projectors, DVD/tape player can be organized. (On own account). Peace Garden Lodge can also organize other meetings and seminars as required, birthdays and weddings.
Accommodation is in:
- Standard Chalets: 20 x Standard chalets (17 twin and 3 double) each with en-suite shower, air conditioning, hotel package DSTV, a fridge and a tea/coffee station. Wi-Fi is available.
- Double Luxury Rooms: 8 x Double Luxury rooms are equipped with both a bath and a shower and facilities similar to the Standard Chalets. Inter-leading rooms can be arranged on request for families with children sharing with parents.
- Premier Unit: There is 1 x Premier Unit which would suit a large family or group of 7. Exclusivity is enjoyed in an adjacent thatched roof area with outside seating area. Private and secluded it includes safe parking for a number of vehicles.
- Giraffe, impala and ostrich not to mention a decent selection of birds that reside around the reserve.
- Guests are welcome to hike or take an early morning jog around the perimeter fence to game view.
- Hoba Meteorite:
- The 60 ton Hoba Meteorite is situated only 16km drive away on the farm of the same name.
- Underground Lake:
- Dragon's Breath is the world's largest known underground lake, a 46km drive in a north-west direction towards Tsumeb.
- The Das Alte Fort Museum sits on a prominent hill in Grootfontein. More than 3,000 historical pieces, including a complete smithy which was used in the production of ox-wagons, are on display.
Situated north-east of Grootfontein this serves as an gateway between the Caprivi and central Namibia
Around 80km north of Grootfontein this lodge acts as a gateway to Namibia's north east (the Kavango & Zambezi Region)
A satellite camp to Fiume Lodge, the Bush Camp requires a minimum two night stay and is the base for top quality guided excursions to visit a local Bushman / San community
Ten kilometers outside of Otavi this lodge offers a relaxing environment and is ideal for walkers, wildlife enthusiasts and birders
Initially a Christian mission station this property was converted into a lodge in 1999. The Ghaub caves nearby are well worth a visit
Horse riding, game and beautiful surroundings are just some of the reasons to stay at this lodge
A convenient stop close to Otavi
Large resort offering a restaurant, bar and olympic sized pool in Tsumeb
Situated near the center of Tsumeb this is a popular hotel.
A courtyard atmosphere, traditional garden and German cuisine can be found at this Tsumeb hotel.
Close encounters of the wild side - experience the Namibian veld on foot with Bruno, an enigmatic & knowledgeable guide
10 peaceful chalets provide accommodation at this lodge just north of Otavi
a campsite in a rural setting 80km north of Grootfontein on the main road towards Rundu & the Zambezi Region
Basic accommodation just a few kilometers from the town of Grootfontein
An eclectic lodge, allows for visits to a San community as well as offering reasonably priced overnight accommodation
Situated 20km west of Tsumeb
Between Otavi and Tsumeb.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.