near Grootfontein - Namibia
Paradise Restcamp is situated around 80km north of Grootfontein on the B8 road towards Rundu . This convenient location makes it an ideal stopover for campers who interested in a budget out-of-town overnight destination. Individual, families and self-drive travellers might look at this option, especially if heading towards Tsumkwe and onto Kaudom Game Park.
Namibia's large cattle farming industry and copper mining are centered around the town of Grootfontein. Leopards are fairly prevalent in the area as well. Many tourists head to this town for a day trip to the famous Hoba Meteorite.
Facilities include a restaurant and 'open' public bar, swimming pool with relaxation area. The Lapa has excellent views of the waterhole visited frequently by various species of mammals and birds. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served and lunch packs can be ordered.
Three options exist for those wanting to stay at Paradise Restcamp:
- Campsites: Each of the 12 campsites are equipped with braai areas, water taps and lights. Hot water is supplied in both the men's and women's ablution blocks. Also available is a large tent fitted with 2 x bed stretchers and camping chairs. Visit the curio shop to purchase authentic locally made souvenirs.
- Tents: Permanently erected tents - with twin or double beds. Not en-suite
- Rooms: Double or twin rooms with toilet, shower & basin. Self catering option as it has it's own braai area.
- Game drives
- Self-drive to a large Baobab tree (20km) on the Farm Keibeb and enjoy some game viewing en-route.
- On the walking trail giraffe, monkeys, wildebeest, waterbuck, kudu, warthog, springbok and red hartebeest can be observed. Sightings not guaranteed.
Situated north-east of Grootfontein this serves as an gateway between the Caprivi and central Namibia
Around 80km north of Grootfontein this lodge acts as a gateway to Namibia's north east (the Kavango & Zambezi Region)
A satellite camp to Fiume Lodge, the Bush Camp requires a minimum two night stay and is the base for top quality guided excursions to visit a local Bushman / San community
Ten kilometers outside of Otavi this lodge offers a relaxing environment and is ideal for walkers, wildlife enthusiasts and birders
Initially a Christian mission station this property was converted into a lodge in 1999. The Ghaub caves nearby are well worth a visit
Horse riding, game and beautiful surroundings are just some of the reasons to stay at this lodge
A convenient stop close to Otavi
Large resort offering a restaurant, bar and olympic sized pool in Tsumeb
Situated near the center of Tsumeb this is a popular hotel.
A courtyard atmosphere, traditional garden and German cuisine can be found at this Tsumeb hotel.
Close encounters of the wild side - experience the Namibian veld on foot with Bruno, an enigmatic & knowledgeable guide
10 peaceful chalets provide accommodation at this lodge just north of Otavi
a campsite in a rural setting 80km north of Grootfontein on the main road towards Rundu & the Zambezi Region
Basic accommodation just a few kilometers from the town of Grootfontein
An eclectic lodge, allows for visits to a San community as well as offering reasonably priced overnight accommodation
Situated 20km west of Tsumeb
Between Otavi and Tsumeb.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.