Onguma Bush Camp
Lodges near Etosha - Namibia
Onguma Game Reserve is situated on the eastern side of the Etosha Park in Namibia, bordering Fischer’s Pan. Onguma Bush Camp is one of five lodges set inside this Reserve and is signposted from the Namutoni Gate opposite Mokuti Lodge.
Onguma Game Reserve covers more than 20,000 hectares of protected land and wildlife. Their nature reserve boasts over thirty different animal species. Predators such as lion, cheetah and leopard are common residents of the area. The latest addition to the already abundant wildlife at Onguma Nature Reserve is a family of black rhinos!
Onguma Bush Camp offers 19 rooms.
- Standard Rooms: 8 Standard Rooms with twin beds and 3 loft-rooms suitable for children. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms, air-conditioning, and a fan. Mosquito nets are fitted on the windows.
- Waterhole Rooms: 6 rooms with twin beds and both waterhole and pool views. The facilities are similar to the Standard Rooms.
- Family Rooms: 3 Family Rooms with 4 beds in each room and facilities similar to the Standard Rooms. Onguma Bush Camp is the only child friendly accommodation on the reserve, making it the ideal location for a family expedition into Etosha National Park.
- Settler's Room: A more luxurious and spacious accommodation with a small lounge with leather couch (formerly the honeymoon suite). The bathroom has both bath and shower and the facilities are similar to the Standard Rooms.
There is a bar, restaurant and lounge. For breakfast there is a choice between the buffet or a typical English Breakfast. Lunch consists of sandwiches, pasta and salads. Dinner is a set ‘flexible’ 3 course meal of either traditional African fare or European cuisine served in an open lapa area. Enjoy your meal by an open fire, and under the beautiful Namibian sky.
Relax and cool off around the pool while watching a spectacular sunset.
In the Namibian summer months, thousands of bird species migrate to the wetlands created by the seasonal rains and ephemeral river systems. It’s a bird-watcher’s paradise! Most guests spend their days exploring the Etosha National Park.
- Game drives Onguma Reserve
- Traditional morning and afternoon game drives are available on the reserve. Knowledgeable guides can lead you to predators and game as well as interesting information on some of the smaller creatures and plants as well.
- Night game drives Onguma Reserve
- Weather permitting a safari after sunset around the reserve in search of nocturnal creatures foraging late at night is an adventure in itself.
- Game drives Etosha National Park
- Organized safaris into Etosha can be arranged. A morning drive to Namutoni is often followed by a safari through the park for an afternoon game drive around Halali.
- Bush walks
- A basic level of fitness is required for an early morning bush walk of around 2.5hrs. You will be accompanied by an experienced armed ranger. As animals are not always in the location you want them to be, tracking spoor is really interesting and great fun. Information on the way round of insects, birds and smaller mammals enhances your adventure.
- Rhino research drives
- A 2.5hr late afternoon game drive to experience Onguma's 'unique effort' in black rhino conservation. A highlight is data gathering from strategically placed camera traps positioned at various waterholes.
- Please note
- All game drives are conducted on open 4x4 vehicles. For safety and security reasons children under the age of 10 are not permitted on game drive vehicles.
A blend of African excitement & luxury are the order of the day at this luxury lodge
Small mid-price lodge close to the park gate - situated of the private Fischer's pan reserve
Large lodge situated at the Namutoni entrance gate to Etosha. Excellent facilities but expect to share these with large group tours
The latest edition to the Mushara Collection offers mid-range tented accommodation
Good accommodation at a reasonable price, close to the park entrance
Small intimate tented camp built on raised platforms, good for privacy and a 'luxury outdoor' feel
Inside the park borders, built around Fort Namutoni. Recently upgraded to appeal to more 'up-market' visitors
Newly renovated, good mid market option for self-drive tourists
A tented camp just outside Etosha
Luxury lodge built around a fort on Fischer's Pan. Easy access to the park
Small exclusive camp, built on raised platforms - a popular option with those seeking an exclusive new perspective
The first new accommodation to be built inside the Etosha National Park in over 30 years. The camp sits on a wooden deck on an isolated peninsula overlooking the pan
Very exclusive private suites, all mod-cons and luxuries
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.