Onguma Tree Top Camp
Lodges near Etosha - Namibia
Onguma Tree Top Camp is designed for an intimate wildlife experience. The Camp is built on wooden stilts amongst the tree tops with excellent views over the beautiful watering hole. This is the ideal retreat for a small group of friends or a family looking for a private getaway close to the Etosha Park.
The main complex opens towards the front where the waterhole is situated, but also has the option of dropping down canvas sides in the unusual event of inclement weather. Guests can relax in the comfortable lounge, or in front of the fire place enjoying your favourite beer or glass of red wine.
There is an open plan kitchen and dining area. Guests are encouraged to interact with the chefs as they braai your meat, bake your bread and brew your coffee on an open fire. For breakfast there is a choice between the buffet or a typical English Breakfast. At mid-day a light lunch or simple hot meal is provided or you can order a picnic lunch to take to the bush. Dinner is a set ‘flexible’ 3 course meal of either traditional African fare or European cuisine.
The Camp consists of 4 thatched rooms with canvas walls. The rooms are designed in such a way that everything opens on all sides to allow you to enjoy the view and animals, but also with canvas sides that can be put down should the animal noises at night become just that bit too scary for you. Crisp linen, down duvets, cozy throws to keep you warm at night, your own private toilet and wash up area, as well as a wonderful outside shower (private of course). And should you need some quiet time, you have your own private deck on which you can relax and enjoy exactly the same views as from the main area's deck.
Onguma Tree Top Camp is a place to savour. Giraffe, zebra, lion, and many other species of antelope come to quench their thirst. Birds and animals become your daily companions. Game drives into the Etosha National Park and on the Onguma Game Reserve are available. While guests looking for something a little different can participate in night game drives and guided nature walks.
Onguma Tree Top offers discounts on stays of 3 or more nights as well as a discount for parties wishing to book out all 4 rooms on a fully inclusive basis, please enquire when booking. Unfortunately no children under 12 are permitted.
- Game drives Etosha National Park
- Onguma Reserve organize trips into the park, ideal after a long self-drive the previous day. Birders can spend time at the waterhole at Namutoni around the extensive reed beds. The nearby Fischer's Pan attracts many animals coming to drink, as well as providing a safe haven for many water birds.
- Game drives Onguma Reserve
- There is plenty of wildlife activity at the reserve and their knowledgeable guides will be aware of any animal interaction as well as information on plants and insects.
- Night drives
- Look out for nocturnal animals venturing close to water at night to drink, whilst others scurry around the undergrowth locating food sources by an acute sense of smell.
- Bush walks
- For those staying at Onguma for a few days, then an early morning bush walk around the reserve for 2 to 3hrs would make a welcome change. Your experienced armed ranger will keep you a respectful distance from the animals and the footprints he can identify will give you an indication of what might be hiding in the bush.
- Rhino research drives
- Track black rhino as well as visiting specific waterholes of the reserve to participate in camera data collection. The difficulty and energy required to conserve black rhino becomes substantially apparent on your late afternoon game drive.
A blend of African excitement & luxury are the order of the day at this luxury lodge
Small mid-price lodge close to the park gate - situated of the private Fischer's pan reserve
Large lodge situated at the Namutoni entrance gate to Etosha. Excellent facilities but expect to share these with large group tours
The latest edition to the Mushara Collection offers mid-range tented accommodation
Good accommodation at a reasonable price, close to the park entrance
Small intimate tented camp built on raised platforms, good for privacy and a 'luxury outdoor' feel
Inside the park borders, built around Fort Namutoni. Recently upgraded to appeal to more 'up-market' visitors
Newly renovated, good mid market option for self-drive tourists
A tented camp just outside Etosha
Luxury lodge built around a fort on Fischer's Pan. Easy access to the park
Small exclusive camp, built on raised platforms - a popular option with those seeking an exclusive new perspective
The first new accommodation to be built inside the Etosha National Park in over 30 years. The camp sits on a wooden deck on an isolated peninsula overlooking the pan
Very exclusive private suites, all mod-cons and luxuries
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.