Lodge near the Windhoek International Airport | Namibia
Visitors requiring accommodation close to Windhoek International Airport (7km) should consider Ondekaremba. This is an ideal location for late arrivals to Namibia, for travellers with an early flight out of Hosea Kutako Airport and self-drive tourists who do not wish to travel all the way into Windhoek before or after a long journey Ondekaremba is located on a farm in a small nature conservation area of 60km², surrounded by African bush savannah. It has been owned/managed by the same family since 1900. There are a number of small lakes and dams scattered around the property and these water features attract a variety of game species and bird life.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be ordered in the restaurant, complemented by drinks from the bar. Meals are prepared in the farm kitchen, often using local Namibian farm produce. The terrace and garden provide a quiet and shady venue to relax and unwind and the swimming pool offers respite from the hot Namibian sun.
Accommodation is in a variety of spacious and well-decorated rooms. Some of them nestle under high trees on the banks of the dry riverbed of the Seeis River.
- Standard Rooms: There are 8 Standard Rooms with an en-suite shower/toilet, mini-bar and private patio with a garden view. Will suit 2 or 3 guests.
- Luxury Apartment: A more upmarket room for 1 or 2 guests with similar facilities as the Standard Rooms.
- Family Room: An ideal room for families of up to 4 with similar facilities to the Standard Rooms.
There is a separate lounge for day visitors with a shower, internet facilities and access to the swimming pool, restaurant and bar. For those with a flight later in the day an added advantage to staying at Ondekaremba is the day-room facility. Airport pick-ups/drop-offs can be arranged.
The Ondekaremba farm is well stocked with wildlife including: oryx, kudu, red hartebeest, springbok, mongooses, baboons and warthog. Numerous birds can be found on the and you can expect to see guinea fowl, herons, yellow-billed hornbills, ostrich, white-browed sparrow weaver, bee-eaters, cormorants, Egyptian geese, rosy-faced lovebirds and shrikes.
- Scenic drives:
- Take a leisurely drive through the Ondekaremba farm. The early morning or late afternoon tend to provide the best light for photography and when the animals are most active.
- There are a number of not too difficult and well-marked hiking trails to follow around the farm. Distances range from 3 to 13km with ample opportunities to spot wildlife along the way.
- A number of hides/blinds have been set up not far from some of the dams/lakes. This allows for some uninterrupted game viewing and photographic sessions without disturbing the wildlife. (As if they didn't know someone was watching them!)
A privately owned game farm, with a good variety of wildlife just a short distance south of Windhoek.
Newly built lodge in a small well stocked game reserve west of Windhoek
This lodge is very popular amongst those seeking leopard and cheetah viewing close to Windhoek. Regular feedings guarantee great sightings and photographic opportunities
A relaxing lodge in the Eros Mountains (named after a local fruit and not the goddess of love) around 30km north of the city
Opposite the Windhoek International Airport, close enough to be extremely convenient but far enough away that planes are not a distraction. Great for those arriving late or leaving early, as cuts out the 45km drive from Windhoek/
One of Namibia's most popular spas with the added bonus of top game viewing.
Between Windhoek and the International Airport lies this interesting cattle & game farm
family friendly, mid range lodge in rural location
a wildlife sanctuary offering quality accommodation in a tranquil environment
large lodge on a large well stocked game farm, lion feeding included
On a large private game farm close to the Windhoek International Airport, ideal for those not wanting to travel into Windhoek before or after their arrival in Namibia
Offering horse riding, spa treatments and two swimming pools, this is a good family lodge
Close to the B1 road around 30 kilometers south of the city this lodge offers a good one night stopover for wary travellers
a few kilometers east of Windhoek this lodge offers unsurpassed views of the city from a setting in the Auas Mountains
20km north of the city, this tented lodge offers a quality self catering experience surrounded by the veld and wildlife
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.