Olive Grove Guest House
Windhoek - Namibia
Olive Grove is a guets house situated close to the city centre in a quiet, peaceful area. It is a good choice of accommodation in Windhoek and and the rooms cater for every need of the traveller, their emphasis is one of simplicity and elegance.
For example, the inside lounge is tastefully decorated, with comfortable chairs and a welcoming fireplace. There is a guest computer available, so emails and photographs can be exchanged with family and friends back home. Guests can also help themselves to drinks from the 'honour bar.'
The open-air lounge, spa bath, plunge pool and tranquil garden, all invite the visitor to unwind and relax, either under a warm Namibian afternoon or a beautiful, star-lit sky.
Olive Grove's wellness room offers a selection of professional services and therapies, especially designed to de-stress and recuperate guests, perhaps after a long flight or at the end of an arduous and adventurous holiday. Their resident therapist will rejuvenate and invigorate even the most tired and aching body, with a combination of hot stone treatments, Swedish massages, facials, manicures, reflexology and a host of other balanced and healthy treatments.
Accommodation is in 10 rooms. One of Olive Grove's main features is the large veranda in front of every room, with tables and chairs for 'al fresco' dining. There is no better way to end a perfect day at Olive Grove Guest House, than to slip under a down duvet and onto to those 100% cotton sheets. There are:
- Standard Rooms: Each of the 3 Standard Rooms has remote controlled air-conditioning, direct dial telephones, multi-channel satellite television, tea/coffee making facilities, a mini-bar, snack bar and a private wall-mounted safe.
- Luxury Rooms: The 7 Luxury Rooms have the same furnishings and similar facilities as the Standard Rooms all presented with an abundance of style.
- Executive Suite: The executive suite is large and spacious complete with private lounge and dining area, separate bedroom and luxurious bathroom. For the travelling executive, the private lounge is an excellent venue for small meetings or a convenient 'home office', equipped with an 84cm flat screen TV, DVD player/mini Hi-Fi, and complimentary Amarula, sherry and mineral water. The facilities are similar to the standard/luxury rooms.
Residents of the guest house can enjoy lunch or dinner on the verandah, and meals can be complemented with a hand-picked selection of fine South African wines.
There is also a laundry service, airport (and other) shuttle service and secure on-site parking (ideal for you vehicle rented from Windhoek International Airport)
This excursion to a game lodge offers the unique opportunity to view leopards & cheetah at close range
A wide variety of horse riding options including: Champagne Breakfast Rides, Sundowner Rides, Rides by the hour & even multiple day outings
Explore the township area of Katutura on a bike tour
Get to visit Windhoek's township from the comfort of your own vehicle - while accompanied by a knowledgeable local guide
Half or Full- Day Tours to a game ranch north of the city. Includes horse riding (only on full day), a game drive & lion feeding
Visit a diamond & jewelry showroom - open 7 days a week by appointment
A historical & cultural half day trip that explores central Windhoek
Learn about the pre-independence apartheid history of Windhoek
Olive Grove Guest House is situated at 20 Promenaden Road, Windhoek
- Travelling from the airport
- From the international airport, travel towards Windhoek on Sam Nujoma Drive. When arriving into ‘Klein Windhoek' on Sam Nujoma Drive from the airport look out for the second set of traffic lights (You should see a fuel station and a small shopping center on the corner). Turn right at these traffic lights into Nelson Mandela Avenue. Travel along Nelson Mandela Avenue and turn left into Schanzen Road. Towards the top of the hill on Schanzen Road, turn sharp right into Promenaden Road. Turn ‘first right' into Ngami Street and you will see Olive Grove Guesthouse on the corner of Promenaden Road and Ngami Street. (Entrance in Ngami Street)
- Travelling from Town
- From the center of town travel north on Independence Avenue. Turn right into Bahnhof Street (look out for Windhoek Police Station on the corner of Independence Avenue and Bahnhof Street) and then left into Robert Mugabe Avenue. Once on Robert Mugabe Avenue, turn almost immediately right into Schanzen Road. Travel over the hill and turn second left into Promenaden Road. Look out for Ngami Street and you will see Olive Grove Guesthouse on the corner. (Entrance in Ngami Street)
a boutique hotel in the southern suburbs
a luxurious six bedroom establishment
Recently opened guest house in a quite upmarket suburb. Offers meals & excellent service
A friendly owner managed guest house surrounded by landscaped gardens. Located in the upmarket suburb of Eros.
in the quiet suburb of Olympia
An owner run guest house located in a well established suburb
Well established guest house in a suburban setting
Offers some of the best value for money accommodation in Windhoek
situated in the suburb of Olympia this guest house also doubles as a small art gallery
in the suburb of Klein Whindoek this boutique hotel shares grounds with one of Windhoek's most popular restaurants and a health spa
a small well designed B&B in a popular upmarket suburb
a beautiful, owner-run guest house in a quiet subburb, within walking distance of several eateries
in a historic building, good for families
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.