Okahandja Country Hotel
Accommodation in Okahandja - Namibia
Okahandja Country Hotel is situated just 2kms north of Okahandja and after leaving Windhoek, this small and peaceful town is the first place en-route to northern Namibia, Swakopmund, Etosha, Damaraland, Caprivi and numerous other tourist attractions. It is approximately one and a half hours drive from Windhoek International Airport, making it an ideal stopover for visitors arriving or leaving the country on self-drive trips, who prefer to stay out of the bright lights of the capital.
Scrumptious meals are served buffet style, in the restaurant or in the outdoor dining area. Fine wines can be ordered from their well-stocked and cozy bar. Guests can also relax and unwind in the beer garden, or next to the swimming pool, at one of the country hotel's braai evenings. Many an evening is spent around the open fire in their boma, an ideal chance to meet and make friends, in an atmosphere steep with African hospitality.
For that private or romantic occasion, their staff will only be too willing to organize a candlelit dinner in the bush. They promise to spoil it's guests with real Namibian food, cooked and served in true Namibian style and splendour.
Accommodation at Okahandja County Hotel is in either double or family rooms. Large groups are welcome.
- Double rooms: 22 comfortably furnished rooms with twin beds. All of the rooms are equipped with air-conditioning/heating, mosquito nets, television and DSTV channels, bedding, towels, soap and a tea/coffee station. Some of the rooms have double beds.
- Family units: The 2 family units have similar facilities to the double rooms with a maximum of 2 adults and 3 children.
Sunset Cruises on the Von Bach Dam, can also be organized on request.
- Ostrich Farm
- guests can visit the Okahandja Ostrich Farm
On an old mission station south of Okahandja, the farm Otjisazu is full of historical interest
Situated some distance west of Okahandja the natural hot spring has been tapped and is used to full both an indoor and outdoor pool
A tranquil garden & African decor give this country hotel laid back, relaxed feeling. Situated on the outskirts of the town of Okahandja
A game farm which offers a 'boutique camping experience' with accommodation in air-conditioned permanently erected tents
Situated on farmland west of Okahandja, Oropoko has a well stocked game park
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.