Luderitz Nest Hotel
Lüderitz - Namibia
The Nest Hotel (winner of the prestigious 2015 HAN excellence award) is situated directly on prime beach front property in Luderitz. It is an ideal base to explore the many attractions in and around the area. The four star Lüderitz Nest Hotel has all the facilities one would expect of a leading hotel, with a few special extras thrown in for good measure. Guests will find a restaurant and cocktail bar with large terraces, swimming pools, secluded central gardens, a unique private tidal beach with walk-on jetty, sauna, modern events centre, foreign exchange facilities, free Wi-Fi, secure on-site parking and a laundry service.
Perched on a rocky stretch of coastline between the Atlantic Ocean and the Namib Desert, in southern Namibia, the charming town of Luderitz has everything a visitor might expect of a small German town, such as coffee shops, delicatessens, and Lutheran churches
The sea-facing Penguin Restaurant is popular amongst locals & tourist alike and is renowned for serving fresh Atlantic fish, delicious Luderitz lobster, oyster and abalone (Cape Perlemoen variety). The menus on offer include Namibian and international dishes while diabetics, vegetarians and children are also well catered for. A hearty breakfast buffet including a good range of hot and cold foods while an all-day specialty coffee menu is also available. The Crayfish Bar & Lounge serves internationally acclaimed Namibian beers and liqueurs, imported South African wines, champagnes, whiskies and brandies.
By Namibian standards the Nest is a large hotel with a total of 73 en-suite rooms, including 3 luxurious suites, wheelchair friendly units and large family rooms. All of the rooms at the Nest Hotel have direct, superb views over the Atlantic Ocean, most of them have a balcony and are all non-smoking. Cell phone coverage and free Wi-Fi are available throughout.
- Double & Twin Rooms: All rooms are equipped with en-suite bathrooms with a bath with overhead shower or shower cubicle. An air-conditioner/ heater, tea/coffee station, hair-dryer, telephone and satellite TV channels, heated towel rail, desk/chair, luggage rack, 24hr room service are standard.
- Deluxe Rooms: These rooms are equipped with a walk in shower (no bath), views of the Felsenkirche (church) and ocean, air-conditioning / heating, desk & chair, direct dial telephone, coffee / tea station, luggage rack, laptop Safe, satellite TV
- Family Rooms: The Family Rooms are 2 inter-leading rooms. They have 4 extra-long high quality three-quarter beds with the similar facilities as the Double Rooms (in each room).
- Luxury Suites: These apartments are over twice the size of the Double Rooms and have their own separate luxurious lounge with desk/chair. Other facilities include 2 satellite TV's, mini-bar fridge, an extra long high quality king-size bed, in-room safe, direct dial telephone in addition to the similar facilities to the Double Rooms. Every Luxury Suite is decorated in an independent colour scheme
- Wheelchair Units: Wider doors, 2 extra-long high quality ¾ beds and specially adapted en-suite facilities are combined with similar facilities to the double rooms.
Additional services include; Airport transfers to/from the nearby Lüderitz Airport, children's pool, playground and baby-sitting services.
The Nest Hotel is the ideal place from which to explore the many and unusual attractions in and around Lüderitz including the famous Kolmanskop Ghost Town, Diaz Point, Shark Island, Felsenkirche, Goerke Haus, Lüderitz Museum, Bogenfels Rock Arch and the modern Waterfront overlooking the Lüderitz harbour. A must on every visit to Luderitz is the morning excursion to the ghost town of Kolmanskop, which was, in earlier times, the focal point of Namibia's thriving diamond industry.
visit the Kolmanskop Ghost town near Luderitz
trip into the Sperrgebiet (forbidden diamond area) with visits to the abandonded mining town of Pomona & the rock arch at Bogenfels
Several cruises around Luderitz harbour, options include sunset cruises & a visit to an oyster farm
Well equipped & maintained self catering apartments on Shark Island
A unique and very popular bed & breakfast establishment on Shark Island
A prime sea-front location is complimented with sea facing rooms, a top class restaurant & a private beach
Budget accommodation & campsite on shark island
Luxury self catering holiday apartments
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.