NamibGrens Guest Farm
Spreetshoogte Pass - Namibia
The Farm Namibgrens (Afrikaans for 'bordering on the Namib) has belonged to the Rabie Family since 1940. As the farm sits beautifully near the impressive Spreetshoogte Pass, it is the ideal stopover midway between Windhoek and Sesriem, the gateway to the dunes of Sossusvlei. The pass itself descends steeply from the central interior plateau to the desert floor below.
The property affords numerous views over this escarpment due to this outstanding location, which offer glimpses of truly breath taking vistas. This once small guest house has expanded over the years and today includes a variety of accommodation options with something to suit most tastes.
The accommodation options at Namibgrens are:
- Guest Farm - offers a typical old-style Namibian stay. With 11 en-suite rooms, a swimming pool, lots of safe spaces for children to play and the opportunity to see and experience a working farm
- Bushman’s Rest - a completely private thatched house ideal for a large family or group of friends. The house comfortably sleeps 6 adults & 2 children in its 3 en-suite bedrooms, each with a private entrance. The communal living area, outdoor cooking facilities, large lawns and crystal swimming pool are ideal for socialising.
- Luxury Villas - For the more discerning traveller here the elegant simplicity of the buildings blends harmoniously into nature. Rooms are spacious, en-suite bathrooms, comfortable and private, and include large living and cooking areas.
The NamibGrens farm can be explored by foot or vehicle. Activities for the energetic include a 45km self-guided hiking trail, well-marked and easy to follow. Hikers have a choice concerning the distance and the time they want to spend on the trail, and this can vary from 2hrs to 3 days, overnighting at Granite Rock Camp if required.
Paths and trails meander along granite outcrops and valleys, and lead to picturesque viewpoints on the escarpment overlooking the Namib Desert. There is an abundance of flora and fauna on the way, with plenty of opportunities to photograph the interesting animals and plants encountered, including eland, oryx, kudu, Mountain Zebra, hartebeest, blesbok, klipspringer, duiker, steenbok and rock dassies. Sundowner trips, 4x4 self-drive tracks, farm and game drives can also be organized.
There is a 900m long gravel airstrip, suitable for light aircraft, with transfers to and from the farm for it's guests. Fuel is available in close proximity to the guest farm.
English, Dutch, German and Afrikaans, are spoken at NamibGrens Guest Farm.
- The farm can be explored by foot on well marked hiking trails
- 4x4 driving
- a 4X4 self-drive trail takes the visitor on a challenging and picturesque adventure
- There are numerous well marked trails for walkers and climbers.
- Bird Watching
- Namibgrens is a haven for birders
Very friendly lodge with eclectic decor - good choice of accommodation in the Gamsberg area
Very popular with amateur astronomers due to the areas low light pollution
A remote & rustic camp at the foot of the Khomas Hochland mountains
On the edge of the escarpment this property offers stunning views over the Namib Desert plains. Accommodation choices include private campsites, luxury villas & traditional guest farm accommodation
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.