Namib Guest House
Accommodation in Swakopmund - Namibia
Located in a quiet suburb of the coastal town of Swakopmund the Namib Guest House offers a modern & tasteful environment about 10 minutes walk away from the city center & beach. The guest house boast sunny bright rooms, warm Namibian hospitality in an elegant environment.
While the Namib Guest House does not offer dinner or lunch (breakfast is included in the rates) the extremely friendly managers are always happy to suggest, and book a table at any of Swakopmund's restaurants. This helpful attitude extends to recommending activities and day trips to those who want to see more of the Namib coastal area.
The Namib Guesthouse has only 8 rooms:
- Double Rooms: The elegant and spacious Double Rooms include flat-screen televisions (with DSTV channels) a tea/coffee station, free Wi-Fi high speed internet, an in-room safe and a hair-dryer.
- Luxury Rooms: A more spacious living area with a different décor to the Double Rooms, similar facilities but with a full bathroom.
- Family Suite: The Family Room sleeps 4 or 5, has a shower no bath with similar facilities to the Double Rooms.
Those wishing to catch up on their laundry can avail themselves of the laundry service while communication with the outside world can be arranged using the lodges telephone & fax and free Wi-Fi. The owners of the Namib Guest house are proud of their eco-friendly approach and water on the property is solar heated, laundry is done with bio-degradable detergents and a wormery makes compost from the kitchen waste.
A hot air balloon ride over the Namib Desert
Full & half day trips from Swakopmund to various birding hotspots in the Namib Desert
A half day tour (with morning and afternoon departures) to the seal colony at Cape Cross
Visits the seal colony at Cape Cross and the Messum Crater which is best known for it's desert adapted plants such as the Welwitschia Mirabilis
Everything from sharks to pilchards
A half day tour into the Namib Desert
A day trip from Swakopmund into the Namib Desert
Explore the Namib Desert at night on foot - a great way to learn about the nocturnal creatures which inhabit this part of Namibia.
2 hour guided trip into the dune belt near Swakopmund (50km) - you enter an area where you cannot get to by car or foot. No experience necessary...
Skitter down the slip faces of a tall star dune near Swakopmund at 80km/h on a lie-down board, or enjoy the style and grace of a stand-up board. No experience necessary.
A day trip from Swakopmund down the Skeleton Coast to Sandwich Harbour
Leave the safety of the aircraft and join a tandem skydive. No experience required!
Full day tour to the Spitzkoppe Mountains - you will meet the Damara people and be introduced to the Bushman rock art of the area.
This tour is an exploration into the past, present & future of the town of Swakopmund
view the lagoon from the comfort of a catamaran
A dolphin cruise around the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Quad biking in the coastal dunes with a difference. These tours concentrate on the fauna, flora & people who inhabit the dune belt, excellent guiding and stunning scenery make this an experience not to be missed
An eventful day trip combining kayaking on the lagoon with a 4x4 trip through the Namib Desert dunes ending in Sandwich Harbour
A morning of cruising on the Walvis Bay lagoon is followed by the spectacular and thrilling drive to the natural harbour & splendid birdlife of Sandwich Harbour
Kayaking on the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Namib Guest House is situated at 61 Anton Lubowski Avenue, Swakopmund.
- Arriving via the B2 from Windhoek:
- At the first traffic light as you enter Swakopmund, turn left into Moses Garoeb street , continue for approx 300m and then turn right into Anton Lubowski ave, no 61 is on the left-hand side.
- Arriving from Walvis Bay:
- turn right into Anton Lubowski ave (it's the second street on your right on entering Swakopmund from Walvis Bay), then cross 3 streets and just before reaching the fourth the guest house is on your right hand side.
- Arriving from Henties Bay:
- continue straight into Swakopmund until you see the Shoprite Shopping centre on your right, cross the traffic light, continue straight along Moses Garoeb, approx 300m and then turn right into Anton Lubowski ave, no 61 is on the left-hand side.
An art gallery turned guest house - the Space is truly alternative and worth a visit if you are interested in philosophical conversation, innovative thinking and staying somewhere out of the norm.
Offers a variety of suites, luxury rooms and self catering units. Ideal for the business traveller or holiday maker
Very centrally located, includes traditional guest house accommodation as well as two separate self catering flats
Luxury accommodation with a personal touch.
Small, peaceful guesthouse in a well established part of town
15km outside of Swakopmund this elegant. pet friendly, guest house offers amazing views over the Namib Desert. Accommodation is in either guest house rooms or self catering units
Probably better suited to the business than the leisure end of the market
A well established owner managed guesthouse where emphasis is placed on environmental issues
A small owner run guest house which places an emphasis on offering quality personal service
Fresh, light & airy bed and breakfast in an upmarket and fairly centrally located area
A seven bed-room guest house offering personal attention
Well established, Swiss managed guesthouse which is always a popular choice. Offers good quality accommodation & occasional wine tasting nights
An intimate and sophisticated family-run boutique guesthouse offering comfortable accommodation. A highlight is that each of the en-suite rooms has a private fireplace.
A very popular choice, offers excellent rooms at extremely reasonable prices. Possibly best value for money in Swakopmund
Absolutely unique! Built on stilts into the Swakop River - many units offer great views. Feels more like a traditional country lodge rather than an establishment in a busy tourist town.
A well appointed guest house in the center of town
Centrally located self catering apartments offering a good selection of units (choose from studio, one, two or three bedroom units)
A variety of well appointed suites in a central location
A newer addition, situated in an old historic building near the town center. Expect attention to detail and Italian flair.
A family operated establishment which prides itself on offering guests both personal attention and privacy
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.