Little Sossus Lodge
Accommodation near Sossusvlei - Namibia
A Little Sossus Lodge is situated 35km south-east of Sesriem. They offer a value-for-money Namib Desert location not too far from the entrance to Namib Naukluft Park and on to the dunes at Sossusvlei. The lodge is surrounded by the Nubib, Tsaris and Naukluft Mountains, with views of the dunes to the west. The lodge is particularly popular on budget and mid range self drive itineraries around Namibia.
The main area of the lodge is an old farmhouse converted into a homely meeting place. Many of their guests comment on the hearty welcome and friendly ambiance of the place. They are also welcome to wander around the open plan area at their pleasure. There is also a lovely garden, set amongst succulents and a few palm trees, where guests can sit and enjoy the clear blue Namibian skies, whilst wining and dining as the beautiful sun sets on the horizon.
A Little Sossus Lodge pride themselves on their 'scrumptious African cuisine.' They use fresh produce from their own gardens and special dietary requirements can be catered for. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served on the well-sheltered verandah. There is a cozy lounge, decorated with ethnic African dècor and furnished with comfortable leather sofas. The swimming pool is in front of the main building, where guests can have a dip and unwind after a hard day's drive.
Accommodation is in 16 well-furnished chalets built from local rock and stone.
- Double Rooms: 12 Double Rooms have double or twin beds. All rooms have an en-suite bathroom with shower/toilet. The lights and fans are powered by solar energy or a generator. Complimentary soaps, shampoo, body lotion etc. are environmental friendly.
- Family Rooms: 4 Family Rooms sleep 3/4 people with facilities similar to the Double Rooms.
From A Little Sossus Lodge, guests can self-drive to Sossusvlei and Sesriem Canyon. There are and some hiking trails within 1km of the lodge, and a variety of birds in and around the area for the ornithologists and twitchers to spot.
- Sossusvlei Excursion
- This half day excursion requires an early start to the day. After enjoying home baked rusks with coffee, you will be whisked off in our 4x4 to admire the majestic sand dunes of the Namib Desert. Our experienced guide will treat you to a day that you will not forget and at the same time will satisfy your curiosity. A scrumptious brunch is held under the camelthorn trees before your return to the Lodge
- Naukluft Excursion
- After a hearty farm breakfast you will depart for the Naukluft Park and the gorgeous rock pools which are found there. Our guide will provide you with a picnic lunch and refreshments at one of the rock pools, whilst admiring the bird and wildlife of the area. Several hiking trails can be followed and return to the Lodge is in the late afternoon in time for sundowners.
- Sundowner Drive
- An evening drive which includes a leisurely nature drive, slowly winding up a side of a mountain. At the top of the mountain you can enjoy the spectacular sunset while having a drink of your choice and some appetizing snacks. After sunset it is time to venture home again and prepare for the evening meal.
Drift over the dune fields at Sossusvlei and enjoy a champagne breakfast wherever the wind takes you
light aircraft regularly depart on scenic flights over Sossusvlei and its surroundings
Lovely rooms with rooftop terraces or a choice of campsites around 45km north of Sesriem
Budget choice, catering for both larger groups and individual travellers
Competitively priced self catering lodge - very close to the entrance to the Namib Naukluft Park
Mid-range accommodation offering some of the best value for money in the area. Horse riding an added activity
A new addition on the same property as the Desert Homestead. Hiking & riding are popular activities here
Well equipped rooms with self catering kitchens only 5 kilometers from the entrance gate to Sossusvlei. Kitchen utensils can be rented on site
These rustic wooden cabins can only be reached as part of a guided walking trail originating at Namib Desert Lodge. perfect for those wanting to explore the desert on foot
A small intimate lodge in an amazing part of the Namib Desert. While the lodge can be used as a base from which to visit the dunes at Sossusvlei, the tranquil and beautiful environment make it a destination in it's own right
Mid range lodge located only 22km from the Sesriem gate to the Namib-Naukluft Park
Up-market lodge with private entrance to the dunes at Sossusvlei
Moroccan inspired architecture seems strangely out of place in Namibia. The location, spa and general amenities are good.
Luxury lodge with guided tour to the dunes using the lodges own private entrance, excellent choice for those looking for a little extra luxury
Reasonable value for money - on the main route to Sossusvlei
A new hotel with raised rooms built on wooden platforms 40km from Sesriem
Budget choice, fairly far from the dunes and next to the fossil dune cliffs
Good solid choice, on a beautiful property some distance from the park entrance
This campsite offer the closest place to stay to the dunes - camping only
A combination of permanent structures and canvas make this an interesting choice for the budget conscious traveller
The only lodge inside the borders of the national park. Allows for extra early visits to the Sossusvlei dunes
Most luxurious lodge in the area, air-conditioned rooms and top of the range guiding
Large establishment right next to the Sesriem Campsite, best for keeping driving to a minimum
A friendly owner run lodge offering excellent value for money. Rooms have private veranda's offering views of sunsets over the Namib Desert dunes & spot-lit waterhole.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.