Lapa Lange Game Lodge
Mariental | Southern Namibia
Lapa Lange Game Lodge enjoys a bush setting approximately 40 kilometers from the southern Namibian town of Mariental. Rhino and cheetah are just 2 of the wildlife drawcards, with many opportunities to view other animals and birds as well.
Individual travellers, families, self-drive tourists and the corporate community will enjoy a stopover here on their way to Luderitz, the Fish River Canyon. Those heading out of the country can stay here before heading through border posts at Noordoewer or to Mata Mata on the Namibian / South African border.
Relax and unwind in the large thatched main lodge. The facilities include a bar, DSTV, free Wi-Fi access, mobile phone connectivity and secure parking. The restaurant offers tasty Namibian country style cuisine using fresh local produce to serve up a buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinner. Meals can also be ordered from the 'a la carte' menu. An addition to your evening meal experience is to dine around a traditional camp fire enjoying a potjiekos and lapa braai. Chill and relax after a game drive or hike around the rock pool.
Lapa Lange boasts 3 fully-equipped conference venues. They all offer a choice of boardroom, cinema, U-Shape, cocktail, banquet and schoolroom functions and styles ranging from 15 to 200 guests/delegates.
The lodge can also be transformed into a stunning wedding venue so invite family and friends to that special occasion. The Elephant Hall can accommodate up to 200 guests and the 360 degree room can be transformed into a chapel. Buffet options can be discussed before the big day and the staff can assist with flowers, décor and that all important wedding cake.
Guests stay in a combination of well-appointed chalets, suites and a villa. They all have waterhole views. There are:
- Superior Chalets: 4 x Superior Chalets sleep 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 is en-suite). There is an en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning, lounge/TV room, patio and private braai area.
- Executive Villa: This unit is larger than the Superior Chalets and sleeps 2 guests in 1 bedroom. There are 2 bathrooms, 1 is en-suite. The facilities are similar to the Superior Chalets with the addition of a jacuzzi.
- Luxury Suites: 14 x Luxury Suites have twin/double beds, bathroom with shower, air-conditioning, TV, fridge, patio and a room safe.
- Superior Suites: 4 x Superior Suites have twin/double beds, bathroom with corner bath or jacuzzi and similar facilities to the Luxury Suites.
- Game drives
- Morning and afternoon game drives around the camp can be organized.
- Cheetah feeding
- An ideal opportunity to see these beauiful animals at close range.
- Guided walks around the camp offer a leisurely but still exciting way to view the resident game seen from a different perspective.
- Both the hospitality areas and your rooms afford great views of the waterhole.
- Sundowner trips
- Complete a perfect day by watching the beautiful Namibian sunset.
Directions from Windhoek: Take the B1 highway from Windhoek through the towns of Rehoboth & Kalkrand and then on to Marienta. From Mariental take the M29 rd to Lapa Lange Game Lodge.
Directions from Keetmanshoop: Take the B1 highway from Keetmanshoop to Mariental, then from Mariental on the M29 rd to Lapa Lange Game Lodge.
only 25 kilometers west of Mariental this lodge promises an interesting safari experience. With over 19 game species including white rhino on the property, those seeking wildlife in this arid area are unlikely to be disappointed
10 bedroom guest house near the main B1 road in Mariental
Large; budget friendly lodge.
Excellent lodge in the Kalahari Desert, offers accommodation in units made of straw bales or wood. Bagatelle proves to be consistently popular with guests
Interested in gliding? Then this is the lodge for you
On the private Intu Afrika Kalahari Game Reserve.
Recently upgraded, the resort is reasonably close to the main highway and offers an alternative overnight stop for those traveling between South Africa and southern Namibia towards Windhoek and other central areas of the country
Tends to cater for larger groups, but the low rates make it attractive for those looking to save some money.
Small self catering establishment in the pretty Kalahari town of Stampriet
A small well run lodge near the scenic village of Stampriet
Close to the Mata Mata border, the lodge is situated on a large well stocked game park. This is an excellent place to view Kalahari black maned lions
A 12 room lodge situated in a nature reserve and set amongst the red dunes of the Kalahari Desert
Only a few kilometers from Mariental this magnificent game lodge is a green oasis in the Kalahari Desert. A wildlife breeding program means several rare buck species can be found on the lodge's game farm
A wonderful owner managed guest house in the village of Stampriet. An eclectic mix of local antiques & warm hospitality enhance your stay
The meerkat or suricate is a small mammal which inhabits the Kalahari - we do not know why this lodge is named after them. Perhaps if you stay here and find out you can tell us and then we can make this slightly more descriptive
A tented lodge, built on the small red dunes of the Kalahari Desert.
The third lodge on the Intu Afrika Kalahari Game Reserve (along with Suricate & Camethorn Lodges). The Kalahari is absolutely magnificent and really should be a part of any visit to Namibia.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.