Khorixas Rest Camp
Damaraland - Namibia
Khorixas Restcamp is an ideal base to visit the Burnt Mountain, Brandberg Mountain, Organ Pipes and Twyfelfontein. Self-drive tourists to Namibia can stopover here when travelling between Etosha, the Kunene region and Skeleton Coast Park as well.
The camp is nestled in the hills of Damaraland and provides a relaxing environment for travellers after a day's exploration or long drive. Rare and unusual stone formations, ancient rock engravings and strange geological wonders have for decades tempted geologists, tourists and the curious to the region.
Khorixas Rest Camp has the feeling of a camp that had it's heyday sometime in the 1980's - but still offers functional accommodation and good rates. Meals can be ordered from the 'a la carte' restaurant. The bar is equipped with satellite DSTV which offers the perfect opportunity to catch up on world news or the latest major sporting events. Locally made arts and crafts can be purchased from the curio shop. Valuables can be secured in the safe. Secure parking next to your accommodation provides the opportunity to unload and repack for your onward journey. Relax and unwind around the swimming pool, which offers respite from the hot afternoon sunshine.
Accommodation is in a total of 38 rooms. Some of the rooms are non-smoking.
- Single Rooms: 10 rooms with a single bed, air-conditioning, en-suite bathroom with shower, table/mirror, built in cupboards and a tea/coffee station
- Bush Chalets: 26 chalets with 2 x beds in each unit, en-suite bathroom with shower and air-conditioning. Most of the chalets are large and spacious with braai facilities. Others are smaller in size with a shared braai facility.
- Family Chalets: Both of the Family Chalets have 2 bedrooms and a self-catering kitchen. They also have an en-suite bathroom with shower, air-conditioning, built-in cupboards, TV's with DSTV hotel package.
The small town of Khorixas is named after the Khori bush (Salvadora persica). Although Khorixas Rest Camp is not luxurious, it is clean, inexpensive and unpretentious.
- Explore Damaraland
- Visit the highlights of Damaraland on self-drive excursions from Khorixas Lodge
This small lodge is located between Outjo and Khorixas - it was one of the first guest farms opened in Namibia
Situated in the tiny town of Uis, this lodge acts as a gateway to the Brandberg Mountain and other parts of the Erongo Region. The owner, Basil, is a bastion of the local community and a font of knowledge on the area
We are absolutely convinced that this is where Nelly the Elephant decided to live, after deciding to run away from the circus! A bit run down - but in an excellent location
Small private lodge consisting of thatched domed bungalows scattered amongst large granite boulders. It is well situated near Twyfelfontein and several other major Damaraland attractions
This camp was started by Wilderness Safaris and is now managed by the local community. Expect luxury, desert elephants and rhino
Named after the abundant Mopane Trees found in the area, Damara Mopane Lodge is part of a well established lodge group, known for quality lodges at reasonable prices. Only 20km from Khorixas and within driving distance of the highlights of the area
A good quality lodge located close to the rock engravings at Twyfelfontein. Excursions to the engravings and in search of desert adapted elephant are available
Situated in the town of Khorixas, this lodge may not have the most scenic setting but offers reasonable accommodation at good prices
A fairly basic establishment just outside the town of Khorixas
Private campsites in a beautiful setting
One of the most luxurious lodges in the area - accommodation is in luxury tents or more 'solid' suites.
As the name implies this is situated close to the rock engravings at Twyfelfontein. A good quality lodge with reasonable rates.
Close to the Vingerklip rock formation and offering exciting views of the Ugab Plains
The Vingerklip is a 35m high finger like rock structure - this popular and well equipped lodge has two swimming pools and apart from being close to Vingerklip is in close proximity to Twyfelfontein, Burnt Mountain, Petrified Forest and other wonders of Damaraland
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.