Kaisosi River Lodge
the Okavango River - Namibia
The Kaisosi River Lodge is situated 7kms East of the north-eastern Namibian town of Rundu. The lodge is set on the banks of the Okavango River, offering lovely views of the river, and is a convenient stopover for visitors on the way to the Popa Falls and the Zambezi Region (formerly the Caprivi Strip). Kaisosi River Lodge is set in large grounds and visitors will often be welcomed by one of the friendly peacocks.
The Rundu area itself has one of Namibia's most beautiful landscapes, and it's spectacular sunsets, and friendly people make it a popular destination for travellers.
This simple but well equipped lodge has a thatched main building with a restaurant, lively bar and a guest lounge to relax and unwind, after a hard day's drive. All meals are served from the chef's 'a la carte,' menu. There is a children's playground and 2 swimming pools, overlooking the river, to take a dip and cool down from the hot afternoon sun. A laundry service and internet connection is also available.
Accommodation is in 16 luxury air-conditioned chalets. All rooms are equipped with air-conditioning, telephone and a mosquito net. Children are more than welcome here. There are:
- Double room: a double bed and bathroom with a bath.
- Twin rooms: with two single beds in each, with either a bath or a shower.
- Triple rooms: three single beds and a shower.
- Family rooms: equipped with a double bed and 2 x single beds and a bath.
This is a perfect location for both fishing and bird watching, with many great spots dotted along the banks of the Kavango River. Guided fishing trips and river cruises can be also be organized from the lodge.
For the visitor with interests in local culture, guides can take you to a local village and on a market trip. Tribal dances can be arranged in advance.
Kaisosi River Lodge. 'The place you never want to leave.'
- Bird watching cruise
- A 1 hour cruise in search of local bird life
- Sunset cruise
- 1 Hour cruise departs 16h30 winter time / 17h30 summer time
- Champagne breakfast cruise
- Departs from Kaisosi lodge at sunrise
- Fishing Trip
- Fishing tackle is tackle available at the lodge
- Visit to Traditional village & school
- Learn about the local way of life
- Visit to Traditional Market
- An opportunity to stock up on some Kavango goods
An upmarket lodge and spa on the banks of the Kavango River. The only traditional luxury lodge on this stretch of river
A well run lodge offering good facilities situated close to the town of Rundu
A few kilometers east of Rundu a nice functional lodge that more than adequately serves as an overnight stop while travelling through the Kavango and Zambezi region. The rooms, bar and restaurant area offer lovely views of the Kavango River.
Situated on the banks of the river (hence the name) in Rundu
Situated close to the Mahangu Park in west Caprivi - this is an excellent stop-over between Namibia, Maun (in Botswana) and the Victoria Falls
A rustic river side campsite and lodge offering excellent value for money. A lively bar and restaurant ensures this appeals to the younger or more socially inclined traveller
Close to Popa Falls and the Mahango Reserve this lodge offers stunning river views
Refreshingly, and surprisingly for the area, this lodge does not have the word 'River' as part of its name. Do not be misled it is situated on the banks of the river opposite the Caprivi Game Park (Bwabwata National Park)
Close to the Popa Falls (a series of rapids on the Kavango River), this rest camp was renovated in 2013
on the Kavango River banks this lodge offers plenty of water based activities
Near the village of Divundu, this small but wonderfully managed lodge is a perennial favourite of ours. Lovely wooden chalets, with large decks overlook the river. Those wanting to experience the river can choose from fishing and sunset river cruises
On a beautiful plot of indigenous plants and trees overlooking the river
One of the best lodges for birders visiting Namibia - but also great for fishing, chilling or generally becoming part of the family (the family consists of a host of creatures including goats, otters and guinefowls all lovingly adopted by the owners)
A small lodge a short distance west of Rundu. The rooms have river views and guests can choose from a range of activities
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.