Ichingo Chobe River Lodge
Caprivi - Namibia
Ichingo Chobe River Lodge is a luxury tented lodge that overlooks the Chobe River. It is set on the south side of Impalila Island at the very eastern tip of the Zambezi Region (formerly the Caprivi Strip).This lodge has absolutely everything. Excellent accommodation, great service and tasty food in camp, complemented with quality safaris, accompanied with outstanding guiding and tiger fishing out of camp.
The main lodge buildings have been constructed over the river, under thatch and set under large, shady trees. There is a lounge and bar area, and home-cooked meals are served from the chef's set menu, in both the indoor and outdoor dining areas. Special dietary requirements can be catered for. Power is presently supplied by 2 generators.
There is also a swimming pool and deck nestled on the edge of the river, where guests can have a dip and then soak up the sun, in this amazing, distinctive environment.
A short amble along a lush, green pathway, leads to the accommodation. There are 8 single or double river facing, twin, en-suite Meru style tents, fitted with wooden doors. Each unit is equipped with cupboards, tables, electric lights, and gauze netting is fitted to the tents to keep those unwanted mosquito's away at night. The balcony overlooks the river, and the deck is a great place to bird watch.
Boat trips along the banks of the river offer excellent game viewing opportunities. Ichingo Chobe River Lodge has a fleet of high quality boats, each with it's own dedicated guide. Huge herds of elephant come to the river banks to drink and graze, bringing with them an extensive array of game such as buffalo, giraffe, kudu, waterbuck, puku, lechwe, impala and baboons. On the evening sundowner trip, the boat will be surrounded by elephants, an unforgettable experience.
Fishing for tigerfish and bream in both the Chobe and Zambezi Rivers is a favourite for anglers. Access to over 100kms of river, provides excellent fishing opportunities, in what is undoubtedly the premier tiger fishing waters in Africa. The Ichingo Lodge is particularly renown for the quality of its guides and their success in landing tigerfish. High quality tackle is available.
Two houseboats are available for overnight trips the Ichobezi Moli & Ichobezi Mukwae houseboats offer a superb opportunity to view birds, mammals and scenery on a 2 or 3 night trip.
Excursions by Mokoro (dugout canoe) into the small islands of the Chobe River can be organized, as long as the water levels are high enough. The experienced polers have an extensive knowledge of the various bird species to be found on the trip.
Other activities include guided Island walks to local villages, that offer an insight into traditional African life. No visit to this part of Africa would be complete without a game drives into the Chobe National Park. Some of the best bird watching in Africa can be accomplished here.
There is no land line on the island, but cell-phone reception is possible with a Botswana Sim card.
Guests are transferred from Kasane Immigration by boat to the lodge, where secure parking is available. The Lodge has its own airstrip on the island, and a plane is available for scenic flights over the area and on to Victoria Falls.
- Game viewing
- Both the Ichobezi Luxury Safari boats and the Ichingo Chobe River Lodge are ideal for watching wildlife activity in Chobe National Park. On the river banks allows you to view and photograph elephant, buffalo, kudu, waterbuck, bushbuck and giraffe from a completely different perspective than by a conventional 4x4 safari. Large troops of baboons are also resident. In the river elephant join numerous hippos and crocodiles, particularly from May to September.
- There is boat access to over 100kms of prime water on both the Chobe and Zambezi Rivers. Each habitat offers a different challenge from either conventional or fly-fishing methods. Tiger fish which grows to 20lbs is the main prize but there are also a number of 'bream' species, catfish, African pike and Upper Zambezi yellowfish. Ichingo Chobe River is also a premier fly-fishing destination and their excellent guides and quality tender and jet boats can access rapids even in low water.
- Photographic safaris
- The waterways and floodplains of Chobe National Park offer up some of the regions outstanding photographic opportunities. A superb diversity of wildlife and birdlife inhabiting stunning scenery always allows for that unique shot. Direct your own tender boat as you cruise the river as the lodge's expert guide manouveres you to the exact spot allowing for the required light. Ideal for experts or amatuers alike.
- Prolific birdlife is one of the Caprivi's main drawcards. Birders of all standards can view many of the 400 woodland and wetland species recorded in the region. Between March and September summer migrants move around in large numbers adding to the excellent birding opportunities, observed from a lodge excursion or by safari boat.
A rustic tented camp, built on raised decks overlooking the Chobe River and Chobe National Park.
On the Kwando River, perfectly situated to visit the Nkasa Rupara (Mamili) & Mudumu Reserves
Just outside the town of Katima Mulilo lies this small river front lodge. The accommodation is rustic with open fronted bungalows overlooking the river.
Explore the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers on an adventurous houseboat holiday. Certainly one of the most enjoyable and relaxing ways of exploring the waterways of this area
Caprivi Mutoya Lodge offers an ideal base to day trip into some of the Zambezi Regions most well-known national parks and a famous world heritage site.
Part of the Zambezi Queen collection these three smaller houseboats operate on the Chobe River " offer a superb opportunity to view birds, mammals and scenery on a 2 or 3 night trip
Previously called Ntwala Lodge, this property is situated on three small islands in an ultra-luxurious Chobe destination, with four suites, each with plunge pool and private guiding
Overlooking the vast Chobe floodplain from its situation on the banks of the Chobe River in the east Caprivi this lodge has a lot to offer visitors
Overlooking the Chobe River and Botswana's Chobe National Park, this boutique hotel offers an excellent opportunity to experience all the wildlife and activities the Chobe Region has to offer
One of the best lodges in this area has accommodation in both traditional land based units as well as on two houseboats.
A four room private camp set inside the Nkasa Rupara National Park. A remote and private location in Namibia's least visited hidden gems of a game park makes this a must visit lodge. The lodge can also be booked for exclusive use on a self catering basis
A tented lodge on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River. Offers both self catering facilities and restaurant meals. Excellent for fishing.
This lodge is located at the only place in the world where four countries meet. It is a wonderful Chobe destination with eight luxury chalets.
A more rustic and smaller alternative to the ever popular Lianshulu Lodge
Situated in the Mudumu National Park this is one of the east Zambezi Region's most popular lodges
Situated on an island in the Kwando river around 4km from the trans-Caprivi highway
Located on the banks of the Kwando river in the heart of the Mashi Conservancy, within Bwabwata National Park. This is a sanctuary for more than 35 game species and upwards of 330 bird species. Animals move freely throughout the area which creates a mecca for wildlife viewing
A popular and well appointed lodge near Kongola
A wonderful lodge in an extremely remote location, this is a must for anyone wanting to get of the beaten track and experience Namibia at her best. Offers game viewing in the Nkasa Rupara (formerly Mamili) National Park and boat trips on the Linyanti River.
A small luxurious houseboat, offers awesome game viewing, bird watching & fishing experiences on the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
in the Bwabwata National Park this is a perfect land and water camp with six luxury suites, each with private plunge pool
A luxurious house boat on the Chobe River which offers 2 or 3 night cruises on the Chobe River. An excellent way to celebrate a special occasion or just to relax in these splendid surroundings
In the far eastern Caprivi this lodge offers lots of water based activities on both the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.