The Helmeringhausen Hotel lies in the tiny settlement of Helmeringhausen in southern Namibia. It is an ideal stopover on the long drive between Lüderitz and theNamib-Naukluft Park, Sossusvlei or Fish River Canyon. Guests can expect a typical German hospitality from the attentive owners & managers.
The Hotel is part of the historic 10,000 ha Farm Helmeringhausen and was founded during the German colonial era as a farm by a member of the Schutztruppe or German Colonial Infantry. Later it became famous for its Karakul sheep breeding and presently cattle, sheep and goats are farmed here.
Hotel Helmeringhausen boasts a fully licensed restaurant and a swimming pool (for hotel guest use). Enjoy a cold beer or glass of Cape Wine in their well-stocked bar, whilst you catch up on all the local news or exchange travel information with fellow guests. There is also have a cozy lounge with comfortable sofas and a fireplace.
A hearty buffet breakfast, fresh farm produce for lunch, or a 3-course, set dinner menu are all served in the restaurant.
After a long day's desert driving, many guests enjoy a dip in the crystal clear swimming pool. There is also an outdoor beer and coffee garden, set amongst the hotels lush garden.
There are 22 well-appointed rooms:
- Single: 1 Single Room is fitted with an en-suite bathroom & mosquito nets.
- Double: 19 Double Rooms have an en-suite bathroom, twin beds, bedside table/lamp and mosquito nets.
- Family Rooms: 2 Family Rooms are equipped with similar facilities to the Double Rooms. 1 of the rooms is for 2 adults and 1 child and the other is for 2 adults and 2 children.
Nature drives and hiking trails are available in and around the premises. Helmeringhausen Hotel also has an airstrip, with pre-arranged transfers to and from the lodge for their guests.
- Nature Drives
- The hotel is part of the historic 10,000ha Farm Helmeringhausen. Drives are usually conducted in the late afternoon for around 2.5hrs. Interesting explanations on flora and fauna are supplied along the way.
- There is a short walking route of only around 5mins duration, but it is suitable for all ages. It takes you up to the nearby hill where some chairs and tables are provided. Take a bottle of something with you and enjoy the beautiful sunset as well.
- From the beer garden is a popular pastime. The weavers' nests are a source of constant enjoyment and activity.
- National Monument
- The old German Police Station at Chamies is around a 20km away. Trips can be arranged or self-drive yourselves there. The graves are well-maintained.
A working farm in southern Namibia. Offers an insight into sheep farming is this arid region
The completely off his rocker 'Baron' von Wolf built this castle in the middle of nowhere. Rumours abound about this gun toting, cross dressing loon! Accommodation is available within the castle and a well shaded campsite is also on offer
This lovely guest farm offers self catering accommodation on a property adjacent to the Duwisib Castle
The settlement of Helmeringhausen consists of little more than this hotel and a petrol station. The area is a popular stop-off between the dunes at Sossusvlei and southern Namibia
On the scenic D707 road and bordering on the Namib Naukluft park, lies this spectacular property. Accommodation is offered in a small tented camp or en-suite rooms at the old farmhouse
Formerly an Ostrich farm the lodge property is now largely dedicated to Namibian wildlife. The lodge itself offers standard bed & breakfast rooms as well as self catering chalets
Situated in the Tiras mountains, an owner run guest farm that offers a warm welcome and even better scenery
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.