Lodges near Etosha National Park
Hobatere Lodge is set in a 32,000ha concession area 65km north of Kamanjab, only 1km past the Galton Gate (Otjovasandu) entrance to Etosha Park. This is an ideal stopover for a couple of days for individual travellers, families and self-drive tourists on their way to Namibia's major tourist attraction, especially those heading to Dolomite Camp. Palmwag is to the west and to the north Opuwo, the gateway to the solace, beauty and wonders of Kaokoland.
Once considered the jewel in Namibia's lodge crown before closing and falling into disrepair Hobatere Lodge was reopened in 2015. Now owned by the local members of the #Khoadi //Hoas Conservancy. It is managed by the same people that manage the very popular Fish River Lodge & Grootberg Lodge.
Etosha Park teems with wildlife and is home to large varieties of mammals, birds, reptiles, invertebrates and amphibians. A network of gravel roads lead you to nearly 60 waterholes many close to or not far from the main feature of the park, Etosha Pan. The best months for game viewing tend to be in the drier, winter months from May to September, although the wet, hot summer months from October to April also offer it's own wildlife excitement and attractions.
At Hobatere Lodge the main building has a restaurant, bar, lounge and a curio shop. Guests can relax and unwind around the swimming pool. Set around 300m from the pool is the waterhole where elephant, antelope and birds visit.
Accommodation is in:
- Chalets: These thatched units have an en-suite bathrooms, twin beds and mosquito nets.
- Rooms: Individual thatched rooms are set outside with similar facilities to the Chalets.
- Family Chalets: 2 thatched Family Chalets also have similar facilities and amenities to the Chalets and Rooms.
- Game drives
- Early morning and night drives around the concession can be organized. Both are excellent game viewing periods.
- Day trips into Etosha National Park
- If you don’t feel like driving yourself and want to relax in a game viewer to just absorb one of the most beautiful game parks in Southern Africa through your camera lenses, you can join the full day Etosha drive.
- Nature walks:
- There is nothing quite like a walk in the bush to get very close to creatures big and small. Your guide will lead you to all the known animal and birding hotspots.
A mid market lodge, situated on the Ongava Private Reserve, very close to the main, Andersson, entrance to Etosha Park
On a small hill on the extreme western side of Etosha - Dolomite is the newest (and fifth camp) to open within the park boundaries. It is a smaller lodge as opposed to the traditional resort feel of the other camps within the park
Value for money accommodation in a well designed tented camp
Traditional slightly formal up-market lodge. Situated on same property as Eagle Tented Camp
Only 10km's from the park, Etosha Safari Camp offers good quality budget accommodation
Within 10km of the Etosha entrance this mid-range lodge offers an ideal base from which to explore the park
40 Room lodge only 4km from the park. Offers self catering units and a restaurant
Situated just north of the town of Outjo around 90km south of the Park
One of the five camps situated inside the park, generally less popular with visitors than Okaukuejo or Namutoni but has the advantage of a secluded quiet spot lit waterhole
On the far western edge of the park, just outside the Galton Gate, this is an excellent location to explore Etosha, Damaraland and the remote Kaokoland area
Luxury accommodation, each unit with private pool, great place to spoil yourself. Guided tours on private nature reserve and inside Etosha Park
Value for money self drive option situated 32km from the park
Accommodation in permanently erected tents, 14km south of the park
Extremely popular and busy accommodation inside the park with a good spot-lit waterhole, great choice if location is deciding factor on where to stay
A brand new campsite inside Etosha Park. No accommodation is available here and this only caters for self-sufficient campers. A highlight of the camp is the unique hide which overlooks the camps waterhole
Upmarket accommodation, situated on private game reserve with easy access to the National Park
On the same property as Ongava Lodge, but offering a more traditional tented safari style experience
Once called Etosha Gateway lodge this is a budget accommodation option which has recently been renovated.
This small family owned and managed guest farm is situated in easy driving distance of Etosha. The tranquil gardens and homely atmosphere make for a relaxed stay far from the crowds of the more commercial lodges
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.