Windhoek - Namibia
Haus Sonneneck is located in the upmarket Windhoek suburb of Eros Hills. It is a friendly & quiet guest house away from the hustle and bustle of the Windhoek City center. Within easy walking distance of the guest house is a small well stocked supermarket & the Medi City Private Hospital. A little further away are several restaurants (including the famous Joe's beer garden) & several larger shopping centers.
The pool and well established and shaded garden are a great attraction for many people, the Windhoek weather makes out-door living possible all year round (although winter nights can be cold) so no matter what time of year you stay at Haus Sonneneck the garden offers an appealing area to relax and watch the Namibian birdlife. This is an owner managed establishment and Giesela and Rudolph are often on hand for a chat or to offer advice on what Windhoek & Namibia has on offer.
The breakfast area overlooks the garden & pool and several guests have commented that the Sonneneck breakfast is one of the best in all of Namibia.
There are 8 en-suite rooms each of which opens onto it's own private garden area equipped with table and chairs.
- Double Rooms: the five double rooms are spacious & bright and are equipped with air conditioning, television, telephone, electronic safe, mini-bar, tea & coffee facilities and a hairdryer
- Family Rooms: these are similarly equipped to the double rooms but include four beds (while a cot is available for younger members of the family)
- Self Catering Rooms: two of the rooms feature a small self catering kitchen
Guests have access to free Wi-Fi connectivity and off street parking during their stay at Haus Sonneneck. This is the ideal establishment for both leisure and business travellers who are looking for a cosy and welcoming home from home.
This excursion to a game lodge offers the unique opportunity to view leopards & cheetah at close range
A wide variety of horse riding options including: Champagne Breakfast Rides, Sundowner Rides, Rides by the hour & even multiple day outings
Explore the township area of Katutura on a bike tour
Get to visit Windhoek's township from the comfort of your own vehicle - while accompanied by a knowledgeable local guide
Half or Full- Day Tours to a game ranch north of the city. Includes horse riding (only on full day), a game drive & lion feeding
Visit a diamond & jewelry showroom - open 7 days a week by appointment
A historical & cultural half day trip that explores central Windhoek
Learn about the pre-independence apartheid history of Windhoek
a boutique hotel in the southern suburbs
a luxurious six bedroom establishment
Recently opened guest house in a quite upmarket suburb. Offers meals & excellent service
A friendly owner managed guest house surrounded by landscaped gardens. Located in the upmarket suburb of Eros.
in the quiet suburb of Olympia
An owner run guest house located in a well established suburb
Well established guest house in a suburban setting
Offers some of the best value for money accommodation in Windhoek
situated in the suburb of Olympia this guest house also doubles as a small art gallery
in the suburb of Klein Whindoek this boutique hotel shares grounds with one of Windhoek's most popular restaurants and a health spa
a small well designed B&B in a popular upmarket suburb
a beautiful, owner-run guest house in a quiet subburb, within walking distance of several eateries
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.