Gecko Ridge Guest House
Swakopmund - Namibia
This guest house is situated 15km inland from Swakopmund on the banks of the (usually) dry Swakop River. This is an area consisting mainly of residential small holdings and one of the main reasons for its popularity is that it is just outside the fog bank that often enshrouds the Namibian coastline, here away from the cold Atlantic currents they typically enjoy beautiful sunny Namib Desert days.
Gecko Ridge has numerous wooden decks that cross over ponds and running water to create a tranquil environment, the guest house is also well equipped and guests can make use of the gym, swimming pool,restaurant & bar, WiFi, or just enjoy a drink on the deck while watching the sun set over the Namib Desert (this part of the desert is frequently called the 'moon landscape'). The guest house owner, Zandre, is extremely helpful & friendly and will go out of his way to ensure you have a memorable stay.
Accommodation is in either self catering rooms, the guest house or campsites.
- Luxury Rooms: These spacious, modern & stylish rooms to cater to every need and include high quality bedding, mini bar, WiFi, flat screen TV and a private balcony
- Self-Catering Chalets: great for the family that wants to do their own catering during a weekend or holiday by the sea, but still have a need for style and comfort. These units include a fully equipped kitchen, open plan lounge / TV room with sleeper couch, flat screen satellite TV, WiFi and a private lapa and braai (BBQ) area. The self catering units also have a pet friendly private garden
- Campsite: for small group of travellers who seek more adventurous settings. All campsites are equipped individually with basic facilities.
The guest house offers a shuttle service into Swakopmund for those not wanting to drive themselves.
A hot air balloon ride over the Namib Desert
Full & half day trips from Swakopmund to various birding hotspots in the Namib Desert
A half day tour (with morning and afternoon departures) to the seal colony at Cape Cross
Visits the seal colony at Cape Cross and the Messum Crater which is best known for it's desert adapted plants such as the Welwitschia Mirabilis
Everything from sharks to pilchards
A half day tour into the Namib Desert
A day trip from Swakopmund into the Namib Desert
Explore the Namib Desert at night on foot - a great way to learn about the nocturnal creatures which inhabit this part of Namibia.
2 hour guided trip into the dune belt near Swakopmund (50km) - you enter an area where you cannot get to by car or foot. No experience necessary...
Skitter down the slip faces of a tall star dune near Swakopmund at 80km/h on a lie-down board, or enjoy the style and grace of a stand-up board. No experience necessary.
A day trip from Swakopmund down the Skeleton Coast to Sandwich Harbour
Leave the safety of the aircraft and join a tandem skydive. No experience required!
Full day tour to the Spitzkoppe Mountains - you will meet the Damara people and be introduced to the Bushman rock art of the area.
This tour is an exploration into the past, present & future of the town of Swakopmund
view the lagoon from the comfort of a catamaran
A dolphin cruise around the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Quad biking in the coastal dunes with a difference. These tours concentrate on the fauna, flora & people who inhabit the dune belt, excellent guiding and stunning scenery make this an experience not to be missed
An eventful day trip combining kayaking on the lagoon with a 4x4 trip through the Namib Desert dunes ending in Sandwich Harbour
A morning of cruising on the Walvis Bay lagoon is followed by the spectacular and thrilling drive to the natural harbour & splendid birdlife of Sandwich Harbour
Kayaking on the Walvis Bay Lagoon
A centrally located self catering lodge & campsite
An art gallery turned guest house - the Space is truly alternative and worth a visit if you are interested in philosophical conversation, innovative thinking and staying somewhere out of the norm.
Offers a variety of suites, luxury rooms and self catering units. Ideal for the business traveler or holiday maker
Top location, right on the beach. Has some limited self catering facilities
Very centrally located, includes traditional guest house accommodation as well as two separate self catering flats
Two well equipped self catering apartments, both with sea views
Close to the beach in one of the towns northern suburbs, offers accommodation for up to five people
15km outside of Swakopmund this elegant. pet friendly, guest house offers amazing views over the Namib Desert. Accommodation is in either guest house rooms or self catering units
A well established owner managed guesthouse where emphasis is placed on environmental issues
A choice of four fully equipped self-catering units
Campsites and self catering bungalows in the Swakop River about 12km from town
Centrally located self catering apartments offering a good selection of units (choose from studio, one, two or three bedroom units)
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.