Fiume Lodge & Game Farm
near Grootfontein - Namibia
Fiume Lodge & Game Farm is an owner managed property set on a 1,400ha private game farm 35km the north of Grootfontein. Due to its location it is an ideal stopover for travellers en-route to the Zambezi Region (formerly the Caprivi Strip), Etosha National Park and Kaudom National Park.
Set amongst a large garden of thorn trees Fiume Lodge offers individuals, families and self-drive tourists respite from long and tiresome road trips. The bushmen people and their way of life is a highlight of the activities offered from the lodge and the farm provides an excellent opportunity to meet a community of San at the Living Museum of the Ju'/Hoansi/San.
A sandstone walkway leads you to the main building. Step inside from the veranda to the restaurant, dining room and bar, (with DSTV) where many like to hang out to play pool and share their travel experiences. Delicious food comes out of the kitchen with the braai and outdoor dining area a much-used facility. Access to Wi-fi complements your visit and locally made curios can be purchased at the bar. Cool down in the pool and enjoy a sundowner with a view of game coming to drink at the floodlit waterhole. Power throughout is supplied from mains electricity.
Accommodation at Fiume Lodge & Game Farm is in 9 stone and thatched chalets. Twin beds, en-suite bathrooms, air-conditioning, built-in cupboards and a tea/coffee station are standard. Valuables can also be secured in your room. Two of the rooms can be combined as a family room.
- Bushman Excursion
- A tour to visit Bushmen and their living museum is conducted by your expert guide Joern. Time spent in his company becomes a genuine cultural highlight of your Namibian holiday as he has an outstanding knowledge on all things San. He speaks their language so your questions and their answers will be translated fully. For many 'a better ambassador for the case of the bushman' couldn't be found. A 60min drive gets you to the Ju'/Hansi Education Centre.
A 1hr bushwalk follows where you will learn how they hunt, light a fire, make jewellery with an explanation of how the San assemble weapons including a string and bow. The Medicine Dance is the final performance of your Bushman Excursion. The Bushman Excursion leaves at 9.15 am (if you are not staying at Fiume the night before the tour - plan to arrive by 9am) and departs the Education Centre at at around 14h30. You will be back at the lodge at around 15h30 (pre booking essential). Sandwiches and refreshments supplied
- Game Drive
- Explore the bush and it's inhabitants on a 1.5 to 2hr drive and enjoy Joern's explanations of local nature and his experiences living and growing up in the bush. (pre booking essential)
- Half and full-day Farm Drive
- Learn about the history of the farm in the company of a farmer over breakfast before joining him as he undertakes his duties. Leave the farm just before the sun sets. (pre booking essential)
Situated north-east of Grootfontein this serves as an gateway between the Caprivi and central Namibia
Around 80km north of Grootfontein this lodge acts as a gateway to Namibia's north east (the Kavango & Zambezi Region)
A satellite camp to Fiume Lodge, the Bush Camp requires a minimum two night stay and is the base for top quality guided excursions to visit a local Bushman / San community
Ten kilometers outside of Otavi this lodge offers a relaxing environment and is ideal for walkers, wildlife enthusiasts and birders
Initially a Christian mission station this property was converted into a lodge in 1999. The Ghaub caves nearby are well worth a visit
Horse riding, game and beautiful surroundings are just some of the reasons to stay at this lodge
A convenient stop close to Otavi
Large resort offering a restaurant, bar and olympic sized pool in Tsumeb
Situated near the center of Tsumeb this is a popular hotel.
A courtyard atmosphere, traditional garden and German cuisine can be found at this Tsumeb hotel.
Close encounters of the wild side - experience the Namibian veld on foot with Bruno, an enigmatic & knowledgeable guide
10 peaceful chalets provide accommodation at this lodge just north of Otavi
a campsite in a rural setting 80km north of Grootfontein on the main road towards Rundu & the Zambezi Region
Basic accommodation just a few kilometers from the town of Grootfontein
An eclectic lodge, allows for visits to a San community as well as offering reasonably priced overnight accommodation
Situated 20km west of Tsumeb
Between Otavi and Tsumeb.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.