Near Karibib - Namibia
Etusis Lodge is situated in a 12,000ha nature reserve of the same name. Many stopover here on the way from Windhoek to Swakopmund. The staff are friendly and helpful, complemented by tasty and enjoyable meals.
There is a wide variety of Namibian animals, plants and minerals to be observed and photographed here. The adventurous can take riding lessons and the more experienced can canter in the river bed. Scenic walks, fantastic geological features and stunning birdlife add to your Etusis Lodge experience.
Both sides of the farm house have a terrace; ideal spots to read, or to simply admire the marvelous views of the Kudu Mountains, Coma Highlands and the Otjipatera mountain massif to the north. Meals can be enjoyed in the restaurant or on the lodge terrace and as you might expect from a lodge in a farm setting much of the food at Etusis is home grown. Meat & dairy is sourced from the farms own cows while game is provided by a neighbouring game farm, vegetables are grown on the property and fresh bread is baked daily. The bar, terrace & open fire pit are also popular places to enjoy a drink, share the days experiences and socialise with other guests.
Etusis Lodge offer four types of accommodation.
- Bungalows: 7 stone and thatch bungalows all well-spaced for privacy with private en-suite bathroom, tea/coffee station, mini-bar and cooling fan. Sleeping up to four on either 2 twin beds downstairs and 2 single beds in the upstairs loft, they are an ideal hideaway for the kids.
- Canvas tents: 5 Meru-style tents also well-spaced and include a power point. Three have their own private shower while the other two share a communal bathroom.
- The Farmhouse: The farmhouse sleeps between 2-7 people and is equipped with self-catering facilities. There are 4 bedrooms (3 doubles with en-suite bathrooms and 1 single, all sharing a bathroom), a kitchen and a lounge.
- Etusis Wildschutzgebiet: The farmhouse has the option of 1, 2, 3 or 4 bedrooms. There is a sitting room, dining room, large kitchen/living room with cooker, fridge, pantry and 4 baths. Although the farmhouse is self-sufficient, guests are more than welcome to relax and/or dine in the nearby lodge. (Only 400 meters away.)
Etusis Lodge is a HAN multi Golden Award for Excellence winner.
- An exciting and adventurous way to enjoy the Erongo countryside is by horseback. Etusis Lodge hold a selection of horse breeds, including Basuto pony, to suit all standards. Trails take you along the river bed following the footprints of other animals as well as into the mountains on well-traveled riding routes. Canter along the plains or through the soft sand of a dry river bank until you reach the refreshing sight of a cascading waterfall. There are sufficient vantage points to enjoy the stunning landscape whilst resting the horses at the same time.
- Game Drives
- Full day as well as sunrise or sunset drives allow you to discover the Etusis property
- Interesting information on rock formations and minerals are available. There are numerous geological attractions in the vicinity for the curious and collectors alike.
- Hiking trails
- hiking trails are suitable for all levels of fitness and ability. Radios are available on request.
- 4x4 Self Drive
- Various 4x4 trails are available on the property - lunch packs and drinks are available
Nestled in a conservation area in the majestic Erongo Mountains this property contains a wide selection of rock art. Activities here center around rock art and various guided walking trails serve as a good introduction to Namibian rock art
A luxury lodge offering top notch rooms & facilities. Guided game drives and bush walks allow guests to thoroughly explore the area.
One of our favourite lodges in Namibia - excellent accommodation, food and guided walks in beautiful surroundings make for an enjoyable and relaxing stay.
A variety of activities are on offer at this lodge near Karibib. Accommodation ranges from camping and self-catering options to private bungalows
Situated at the foot of the Hohenstein mountain, this lodge offers many hiking and climbing opportunities. It is also well situated to visit the Spitzkoppe Mountain
A charming lodge in the town of Omaruru. With all the facilities you may require including a popular restaurant & bar
Around 30km east of Omaruru this pretty little guest farms offers self catering units in a tranquil and pleasant environment
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.