Etosha - Namibia
The award-winning Taleni Etosha Village offers visitors to the area, especially families an affordable holiday in quality tents close to Namibia's famous wildlife attractions. As it is only 4.3kms from the Andersson's Gate (the western entrance to the Etosha National Park), self-drive tourists can day trip to the outstanding waterholes in and around Okaukuejo Camp. (Taleni means view or vision.)
The entrance to the lodge itself leads to a drive-through area (with temporary and secure parking) to the reception and guest cloakroom. The well-stocked Cuca shop utility store, adjacent to reception, stocks beers, wines, groceries and other essential items for the self-caterer. The open-air bar has DSTV, just the job to catch up on all the news from home and those major sporting events. Instructions for the laundry service can be found in the rooms and there is a high-feeding chair and a cot available. Tea & coffee are available 24hrs at the bar.
The 3 swimming pools, (baby, medium sized and large) are great for all the family to have a splash and a dip on those hot, Namibian afternoons. The lawn areas are perfect for the kiddies to play, and the parents to relax and unwind.
Etosha Village offers traditional eating arrangements in a typical Ovambo settlement. After the call for food to be prepared in a kitchen area, meals would be presented to hungry villagers. Men, women, children and elders, would then take their meal to separate eating areas, laid out in a 'kraal-like' manner, built with local materials to create shelter. These customs are reflected in the Taleni's kitchen/buffet area of today. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in outside Etosha Village restaurants. Buffet meals must be booked in advance. Breakfast and lunch packs can be organized the evening before at reception, an ideal addition on a self-drive or guided excursions into Etosha Park.
Guests stay in 40 well-placed accommodation units set in a Mopane forest. They combine comfort and African charm and are arranged in such a way to ensure maximum privacy. The tented bedroom has air-conditioning, a fan, an in-room safe, a double bed, sleeper couch (for 2 children under 12), desk and chair, shelves and hanging space. Number 16 is the wheelchair friendly unit. Power is supplied from mains electricity.
Activities include early morning and afternoon excursions to Etosha National Park. There are 2 game viewing vehicles, seating a maximum of 10 passengers per vehicle, per trip. The morning drive lasts for approximately 6 hours, following a route through Andersson Gate to Okaukuejo, and then on to various waterholes in a circular route, before heading back to Okaukuejo. Light refreshments are served at the 'Olifant’s Bad.'
The afternoon drive departs at 14h00 and follows the same route, depending on the road-accessibility. If necessary, alternative routes will be suggested, ensuring maximum game-viewing opportunities for their guests. Full-day trips can also be organized. The knowledgeable and professional driver/guides, have extensive knowledge of the area and animals, giving a thoroughly enjoyable 'running commentary' en-route.
Taleni Etosha Village. Preserving land as a prime destination for nature lovers.
- Etosha Park
- drive yourself into the Etosha Park and spend the day visiting the numerous waterholes in search of game
- Sundowner Trips
- Weather permitting, the sundowner trips are a great favourite at Etosha Village. Guests are taken to a nearby hill to enjoy 'a sundowner in the bush,' whilst admiring the incredible Namibian sunset. A sumptuous feast can also be arranged on return.
- Game viewing to Etosha National Park
- There are 2 game viewing vehicles, seating a maximum of 10 passengers per vehicle, per trip. Knowledgeable and professional driver/guides have an extensive knowledge of the area and animals, giving a thoroughly enjoyable 'running commentary' en-route.
- Morning game drive
- This safari lasts for approximately 6hrs, following a route through Andersson Gate to Okaukuejo, and then on to various waterholes in a circular route, before heading back to Okaukuejo. Light refreshments are served at the 'Olifantís Bad.'
- Afternoon game drive
- The later excursion departs at 14h00 and follows the same route, depending on the road-accessibility. If necessary, alternative routes will be suggested, ensuring maximum game-viewing opportunities for their guests.
- Full-day trips
- All day game-viewing safaris into Etosha National Park can be arranged.
A mid market lodge, situated on the Ongava Private Reserve, very close to the main, Andersson, entrance to Etosha Park
On a small hill on the extreme western side of Etosha - Dolomite is the newest (and fifth camp) to open within the park boundaries. It is a smaller lodge as opposed to the traditional resort feel of the other camps within the park
Value for money accommodation in a well designed tented camp
Traditional slightly formal up-market lodge. Situated on same property as Eagle Tented Camp
Only 10km's from the park, Etosha Safari Camp offers good quality budget accommodation
Within 10km of the Etosha entrance this mid-range lodge offers an ideal base from which to explore the park
40 Room lodge only 4km from the park. Offers self catering units and a restaurant
Situated just north of the town of Outjo around 90km south of the Park
One of the five camps situated inside the park, generally less popular with visitors than Okaukuejo or Namutoni but has the advantage of a secluded quiet spot lit waterhole
On the far western edge of the park, just outside the Galton Gate, this is an excellent location to explore Etosha, Damaraland and the remote Kaokoland area
Luxury accommodation, each unit with private pool, great place to spoil yourself. Guided tours on private nature reserve and inside Etosha Park
Value for money self drive option situated 32km from the park
Accommodation in permanently erected tents, 14km south of the park
Extremely popular and busy accommodation inside the park with a good spot-lit waterhole, great choice if location is deciding factor on where to stay
A brand new campsite inside Etosha Park. No accommodation is available here and this only caters for self-sufficient campers. A highlight of the camp is the unique hide which overlooks the camps waterhole
Upmarket accommodation, situated on private game reserve with easy access to the National Park
On the same property as Ongava Lodge, but offering a more traditional tented safari style experience
Once called Etosha Gateway lodge this is a budget accommodation option which has recently been renovated.
This small family owned and managed guest farm is situated in easy driving distance of Etosha. The tranquil gardens and homely atmosphere make for a relaxed stay far from the crowds of the more commercial lodges
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.