Etosha - Namibia
Epacha Game Lodge is situated in a reserve south of Namibia's number 1 tourist attraction Etosha National Park. They offer a 'formal 5 star destination in a bush location'. Both the lodge and game reserve host a considerable selection of Namibian wildlife. The outstanding beauty of the breathtaking, surrounding mountains and valleys adds to your stay.
Epacha Lodge contains a luxurious central lodge in colonial Victorian style, complete with huge leather Chesterfield furniture and hunting trophies. Not just a safari lodge, it offers an outstanding relaxation area, with a fully-equipped health centre and billiards room! The lodge also contains a library, smoking lounge and a conference room – with the most up-to-date audio-visual equipment.
The 18 chalets have been carefully sited so as not to overlook, or be overlooked, by the other guests. Each one has it's own en-suite bathroom with large bathtub and inside and outside shower. Air-conditioning, fan, mosquito nets, telephone, mini-bar, tea/coffee station and an in-room safe are standard. Your private balcony affords stunning views over the Epacha Private Game Reserve.
The health centre consists of a sauna, jacuzzi, open-area gym, mud bath and 'infinity pool.' Enquire about personal treatments – pedicure, manicure, massage or Thalasso therapy – are at hand in one of the most beautiful places in Southern Africa.
All meals can be taken in the restaurant. Why not start the day with a continental or English style breakfast? Lunch and dinner will be served from the 'a la carte' menus. Alternatively, take a break throughout the day or night at the pool deck bar.
Activities include morning and afternoon game drives through Epacha Game Reserve, day dame drives in the nearby Etosha National Park and clay pigeon shooting.
Only 4.5kms away is Epacha Lodge's own private airstrip.
- Game drives Epacha Game Reserve
- A relaxing drive around the reserve in an open 4x4 vehicle, game-viewing to the backdrop of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
- Night drives Epacha Game Reserve
- The reserve has a number of nocturnal creatures. Looking out for their startled, beady eyes on a spot-lit night drive is a feature.
- Game drives Etosha National Park
- Join an organized 4x4 safari into the park accompanied by an experienced guide. The camp is only a short drive from Okaukuejo and the game viewing and waterholes begin as soon as you enter Andersson's Gate.
- Clay pigeon shooting
- Try your luck at targets of the inanimate kind. Shotguns and ammunition supplied.
A mid market lodge, situated on the Ongava Private Reserve, very close to the main, Andersson, entrance to Etosha Park
On a small hill on the extreme western side of Etosha - Dolomite is the newest (and fifth camp) to open within the park boundaries. It is a smaller lodge as opposed to the traditional resort feel of the other camps within the park
Value for money accommodation in a well designed tented camp
Traditional slightly formal up-market lodge. Situated on same property as Eagle Tented Camp
Only 10km's from the park, Etosha Safari Camp offers good quality budget accommodation
Within 10km of the Etosha entrance this mid-range lodge offers an ideal base from which to explore the park
40 Room lodge only 4km from the park. Offers self catering units and a restaurant
Situated just north of the town of Outjo around 90km south of the Park
One of the five camps situated inside the park, generally less popular with visitors than Okaukuejo or Namutoni but has the advantage of a secluded quiet spot lit waterhole
On the far western edge of the park, just outside the Galton Gate, this is an excellent location to explore Etosha, Damaraland and the remote Kaokoland area
Luxury accommodation, each unit with private pool, great place to spoil yourself. Guided tours on private nature reserve and inside Etosha Park
Value for money self drive option situated 32km from the park
Accommodation in permanently erected tents, 14km south of the park
Extremely popular and busy accommodation inside the park with a good spot-lit waterhole, great choice if location is deciding factor on where to stay
A brand new campsite inside Etosha Park. No accommodation is available here and this only caters for self-sufficient campers. A highlight of the camp is the unique hide which overlooks the camps waterhole
Upmarket accommodation, situated on private game reserve with easy access to the National Park
On the same property as Ongava Lodge, but offering a more traditional tented safari style experience
Once called Etosha Gateway lodge this is a budget accommodation option which has recently been renovated.
This small family owned and managed guest farm is situated in easy driving distance of Etosha. The tranquil gardens and homely atmosphere make for a relaxed stay far from the crowds of the more commercial lodges
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.