Elisenheim Guest Farm
Accommodation close to Windhoek
Elisenheim Guest Farm is tucked away in the Eros Mountains only 15km north of Windhoek. The close proximity to the Namibian capital city ensures travellers and the business community alike can relax and unwind on both their arrival and departure dates of their Namibian holiday. Nearby major shopping facilities and tourist attractions combined with a tranquil bush experience can be complemented with a short 4x4 self-drive to Elisenheim's mountain hut.
The picturesque main thatched building houses the bar, buffet and dining areas and lounge. Breakfast, a light mid-day meal, lunch packs, a braai buffet and desserts can be ordered. There is a large, well-maintained, lawn area with shady seating areas to relax around the swimming pool.
Accommodation at Elisenheim is in:
- Double Rooms: 9 double or single rooms accommodating a maximum of 20 guests. All are comfortably furnished and are equipped with a private en-suite WC/shower and tea/coffee station.
- Mountain Hut: In addition to the Double Rooms visitors can also stay at the Mountain Hut, reached after a short, but fairly steep drive. The hut is built against rocks and the stunning views from the 1,200m peak take in immediate open farmland and Windhoek. This scenic and rugged location is a popular day and weekend destination. Facilities at the hut are suitable for a maximum of 12 visitors. There are 3 beds and 3 mattresses to suit your sleeping arrangements. Inside and outside braai facilities are provided as are basic but appropriate cutlery and crockery, a gas stove, outside bathroom (with shower and hot water), flush toilet and a handbasin.
In addition to the guest rooms at Elisenheim Farm visitors can also stay at the Mountain Hut. Reached after a short, but fairly steep drive, the hut is built against rocks and the stunning views from the 1,200m peak take in immediate open farmland and Windhoek. This scenic and rugged location is a popular day and weekend destination.
Facilities at the hut are suitable for a maximum of 12 visitors. There are 3 beds and 3 mattresses to suit your sleeping arrangements. Inside and outside braai facilities are provided as are basic but appropriate cutlery and crockery, a gas stove, outside bathroom (with shower and hot water), flush toilet and a handbasin.
Farm drives and guided tours of the Elisenheim property are conducted in an open 4x4 vehicle.
- Farm Tours
- Guided drives around the farm circuit make for a relaxing trek to appreciate the environment and wildlife at waterholes and in the bush.
- The farm property offers excellent opportunities to stretch your legs with various trails meandering around 5,000ha of farmland. There are a number of waterholes close-by offering opportunities to view game and birdlife. The more energetic can head off on the mountain trail and enjoy the impressive landscape and setting sun on their way to the hut.
- Game viewing/sundowner drives
- Take a late afternoon sortie in an open 4x4 vehicle and combine the sights and sounds of the bush highlighted by the formidable Namibian sunset.
- Visitors can take their own 4x4 vehicle along the open plateau behind the mountain hut and test their skills on the off-land trail over the mountainous farmland.
A privately owned game farm, with a good variety of wildlife just a short distance south of Windhoek.
Newly built lodge in a small well stocked game reserve west of Windhoek
This lodge is very popular amongst those seeking leopard and cheetah viewing close to Windhoek. Regular feedings guarantee great sightings and photographic opportunities
A relaxing lodge in the Eros Mountains (named after a local fruit and not the goddess of love) around 30km north of the city
Opposite the Windhoek International Airport, close enough to be extremely convenient but far enough away that planes are not a distraction. Great for those arriving late or leaving early, as cuts out the 45km drive from Windhoek/
One of Namibia's most popular spas with the added bonus of top game viewing.
Between Windhoek and the International Airport lies this interesting cattle & game farm
family friendly, mid range lodge in rural location
a wildlife sanctuary offering quality accommodation in a tranquil environment
large lodge on a large well stocked game farm, lion feeding included
On a large private game farm close to the Windhoek International Airport, ideal for those not wanting to travel into Windhoek before or after their arrival in Namibia
Offering horse riding, spa treatments and two swimming pools, this is a good family lodge
Close to the B1 road around 30 kilometers south of the city this lodge offers a good one night stopover for wary travellers
a few kilometers east of Windhoek this lodge offers unsurpassed views of the city from a setting in the Auas Mountains
20km north of the city, this tented lodge offers a quality self catering experience surrounded by the veld and wildlife
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.