Chobe Princess - Houseboats
Chobe River - Namibia
The Chobe Princesses are 3 luxury houseboats (smaller than the Zambezi Queen) which explores the lush Chobe River landscape in search of wildlife sightings as you drift down the water in comfort. There are no set itineraries or departure dates and the small number of guests per boat add to the privacy and well-being of their guests. An entire boat can be booked on an exclusive basis, the most intimate of safari experiences. Every afternoon you will stop at different mooring points for the night.
Comfortable and modern hospitality areas centre around the lounge and bar in a partially covered communal deck. Wine and dine in and open-air area with meals specially prepared by dedicated and experienced chefs. At any time you can chill in a small plunge pool as you cruise down the river. This has to be the most unique, relaxing and fun way to game view there is. On 2 of the houseboats there is an upper deck with sun-loungers which enhances your sightings. Drinks are served throughout the day which includes after-dinner and night caps.
Each houseboat has 4 or 5 tastefully decorated large cabins. They are equipped with air-conditioning, an en-suite bathroom with a shower, toilet and hand basin, twin or king-sized beds, a safe and mosquito-proofed windows. A focal point of every cabin is the large sliding window which affords the most sublime views of the ever-changing Chobe River scenery as you drift by. Complimentary toiletries and insect repellent are provided. Hair-dryers are available on request.
You will be cruising along 50kms of prime Chobe river frontage where you can witness some of the finest wildlife viewing in southern Africa. Activities are best conducted away from the main houseboat in dedicated tender boats. These small motorboats accompany the safari boats on their travels and are used to ferry guests on daily excursions of their choice.
- Try your luck on a fishing safari. You might catch the famed tiger fish or if not, there are many species of bream, African pike and catfish in the rivers and meandering channels. Fishing equipment is included on the trip as is a highly knowledgeable guide.
- Chobe is a photographer's paradise especially in the early morning and just before sunset. Sundowner: Enjoy game viewing and a thirst-quenching drink as the beautiful sun sets.
- Take a tender boat to Ijambwe, a local Namibian village. On your visit you will meet village elders and locals who can inform you of their traditions and daily routines. This is one of the best ways to learn more about the inhabitants of this beautiful country. Purchasing locally made arts and crafts gives you a great souvenir from your trip and helps the locals earn a living. The children will always welcome gifts such as school books and clothing. Villagers will show their appreciation by performing traditional dances and songs at the end of your tour.
- Guests of the Chobe Princesses can take a walking tour on Impalila Island. This offers the opportunity to climb a 2000 year-old baobab tree with a great view of where 2 rivers and 4 countries meet.
A rustic tented camp, built on raised decks overlooking the Chobe River and Chobe National Park.
On the Kwando River, perfectly situated to visit the Nkasa Rupara (Mamili) & Mudumu Reserves
Just outside the town of Katima Mulilo lies this small river front lodge. The accommodation is rustic with open fronted bungalows overlooking the river.
Explore the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers on an adventurous houseboat holiday. Certainly one of the most enjoyable and relaxing ways of exploring the waterways of this area
Caprivi Mutoya Lodge offers an ideal base to day trip into some of the Zambezi Regions most well-known national parks and a famous world heritage site.
Part of the Zambezi Queen collection these three smaller houseboats operate on the Chobe River " offer a superb opportunity to view birds, mammals and scenery on a 2 or 3 night trip
Previously called Ntwala Lodge, this property is situated on three small islands in an ultra-luxurious Chobe destination, with four suites, each with plunge pool and private guiding
Overlooking the vast Chobe floodplain from its situation on the banks of the Chobe River in the east Caprivi this lodge has a lot to offer visitors
Overlooking the Chobe River and Botswana's Chobe National Park, this boutique hotel offers an excellent opportunity to experience all the wildlife and activities the Chobe Region has to offer
One of the best lodges in this area has accommodation in both traditional land based units as well as on two houseboats.
A four room private camp set inside the Nkasa Rupara National Park. A remote and private location in Namibia's least visited hidden gems of a game park makes this a must visit lodge. The lodge can also be booked for exclusive use on a self catering basis
A tented lodge on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River. Offers both self catering facilities and restaurant meals. Excellent for fishing.
This lodge is located at the only place in the world where four countries meet. It is a wonderful Chobe destination with eight luxury chalets.
A more rustic and smaller alternative to the ever popular Lianshulu Lodge
Situated in the Mudumu National Park this is one of the east Zambezi Region's most popular lodges
Situated on an island in the Kwando river around 4km from the trans-Caprivi highway
Located on the banks of the Kwando river in the heart of the Mashi Conservancy, within Bwabwata National Park. This is a sanctuary for more than 35 game species and upwards of 330 bird species. Animals move freely throughout the area which creates a mecca for wildlife viewing
A popular and well appointed lodge near Kongola
A wonderful lodge in an extremely remote location, this is a must for anyone wanting to get of the beaten track and experience Namibia at her best. Offers game viewing in the Nkasa Rupara (formerly Mamili) National Park and boat trips on the Linyanti River.
A small luxurious houseboat, offers awesome game viewing, bird watching & fishing experiences on the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
in the Bwabwata National Park this is a perfect land and water camp with six luxury suites, each with private plunge pool
A luxurious house boat on the Chobe River which offers 2 or 3 night cruises on the Chobe River. An excellent way to celebrate a special occasion or just to relax in these splendid surroundings
In the far eastern Caprivi this lodge offers lots of water based activities on both the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.