Chobe Water Villas
East Caprivi | Chobe | Namibia
Chobe Water Villas are set in Namibia's Kasika Conservancy (in the extreme east of the Zambezi Region in Namibia)and overlook both the Chobe River and the Botswana's Chobe National Park. The Villas are a unique 'boutique' lodge and provides comfortable riverside accommodation for self-drive tourists on the way to Chobe Park, the Okavango Delta and Victoria Falls.
Access to Chobe Water Villas is only through Kasane Immigration Office in Botswana before being transferred by a short boat trip to the lodge. The action begins already with many opportunities to view wildlife en-route to the lodge. A warm welcome awaits and once you are settled in expect unhampered views into Sedudu Island, a wildlife haven which supports large densities of elephant, buffalo, hippo, crocodiles, antelope and hundreds of bird species.
This beautiful and wildlife-rich camp is located at the eastern tip of the Zambezi Region near the confluence of the Chobe and Zambezi Rivers. This is where the borders of four countries meet: Namibia, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Tranquility and privacy are assured at Chobe Water Villas, the main thatched lodge sits under shady acacia trees and partially opens onto the gardens. The outlook over the infinity pool and deck is embellished with outstanding views of the immediate environment. Wine and dine in a cozy restaurant ambiance to tastefully fused African and European dishes complemented with Mediterranean fare. Cold and hot buffet-style meals can be ordered at breakfast and lunch and a plated dinner can be ordered from the menu. A braai prepared over coals around a camp fire is served at the 'African Boma'.
The cocktail bar and lounge is the place to go to relax and unwind before and after meals. The easy going atmosphere extends into the private library, which boasts a 'complimentary tea & coffee butler station'. Either side of the infinity pool are a number of 'view pits', open fires set on the river banks where guests can meet fellow travellers and retell their day's adventures. High tea, sundowners or 'Chobe River night caps' can be served here as well.
Both the corporate community and professional photographers can choose to present their workshops and executive meetings at Chobe Water Villas. Facilities include a 16 seater review or board room equipped with a large screen TV with 170 channel satellite TV system. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all the public areas including around the pool area and in the accommodation. The outdoor day bed gazebos provide ample shade from the hot afternoon sun. Other facilities include a 24hr laundry service and a curio shop.
Guests stay in 16 spacious luxury 'Junior Suites' with guaranteed 180° river, park and island views. Your accommodation sits on top of stilts, erected over the water's edge with plenty of living space. The front terrace faces the Chobe River with built in day-bed and a smaller rear terrace affords sunset views of the bush. The bathroom features double vanity basins and separate bath, shower and toilet. The open-plan bedroom and lounge afford stunning river views through floor-to-ceiling folding glass doors. Sleep on either an extra-length king-sized bed or 2 x three quarter beds.
En-suite bathrooms with double vanity basins, separate baths, showers and toilets, linen, bathrobes, slippers. Air-conditioning, mosquito nets, hair-dryers, complementary Wi-Fi, toiletries, multi 110v and 220v plug points, tea/coffee station, stocked mini-bar and a writing desk/ladies dresser are standard. Security door locks, an electronic safe, torches and an intercom phone enhance your safety and security.
With Chobe Park on your doorstep uninterrupted wildlife viewing is a major draw-card here. The variety of vegetation types and geographical features offer an exciting contrast and range of wildlife experiences. A huge concentration of elephants attract the most attention followed closely by lion, leopard, cheetah, hippo, crocs, jackal, hyena, giraffe, African wild dog, roan and sable antelope, red lechwe, puku, occasional sightings of sitatunga, waterbuck, water and riverine birds.
- Game drives:
- A morning wildlife viewing safari can be organized into Chobe NP. This is often the best time to view game as many animals can be spotted scampering around before they begin to forage for food. Duration: 4/5hrs.
- River safari:
- A cruise along the Chobe River on a morning boat safari is undoubtedly a highlight. Hippo, elephant and crocs are never far away. Most land-based animals appear to be at ease with being approached from the water as they can exit away from you. Duration: 3/4hrs
- River & sunset cruise:
- Search the banks of the Chobe in the late afternoon, one of the best times for spectacular wildlife interaction. Elephant and buffalo in large numbers come to the water to drink. Enjoy drinks and snacks as the sun sets. Duration: 3hr.
- Cultural & Sunset Boat Cruise:
- Hop on an afternoon trip along both the Chobe and Zambezi Rivers which includes a tour of the historic Kasai Channel and Impalila Island. Drinks and snacks included as you cruise and watch a memorable sunset. Duration: 3hrs
- Cultural Village Tours:
- The Kasika Conservancy was started in 1998 to help improve the lives of community members that dwell in the area. Visitors can watch performances of their traditional dance group and get an appointment with the village's very own resident sangoma (traditional healer). He can show you time-honoured local medicines and remedies. Locally made arts and crafts are also on sale. They make ideal authentic gifts and souvenirs.
- Birding Safaris:
- Members of the Kasika Conservancy can guide you on a mekoro trip on the mighty Zambezi River on a hand hewn wooden canoes called a makoro. Capture those special avian moments from a challenging prospective.
- Fishing & Photographic Cruises:
- Chobe Water Villas can take you on professional fishing charters and photographic river cruises in their purpose-built boats. Fish for one of the fresh water's most famous fighting fishes, the Tigerfish as well as nembwe and 3-spot bream.
A rustic tented camp, built on raised decks overlooking the Chobe River and Chobe National Park.
On the Kwando River, perfectly situated to visit the Nkasa Rupara (Mamili) & Mudumu Reserves
Just outside the town of Katima Mulilo lies this small river front lodge. The accommodation is rustic with open fronted bungalows overlooking the river.
Explore the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers on an adventurous houseboat holiday. Certainly one of the most enjoyable and relaxing ways of exploring the waterways of this area
Caprivi Mutoya Lodge offers an ideal base to day trip into some of the Zambezi Regions most well-known national parks and a famous world heritage site.
Part of the Zambezi Queen collection these three smaller houseboats operate on the Chobe River " offer a superb opportunity to view birds, mammals and scenery on a 2 or 3 night trip
Previously called Ntwala Lodge, this property is situated on three small islands in an ultra-luxurious Chobe destination, with four suites, each with plunge pool and private guiding
Overlooking the vast Chobe floodplain from its situation on the banks of the Chobe River in the east Caprivi this lodge has a lot to offer visitors
Overlooking the Chobe River and Botswana's Chobe National Park, this boutique hotel offers an excellent opportunity to experience all the wildlife and activities the Chobe Region has to offer
One of the best lodges in this area has accommodation in both traditional land based units as well as on two houseboats.
A four room private camp set inside the Nkasa Rupara National Park. A remote and private location in Namibia's least visited hidden gems of a game park makes this a must visit lodge. The lodge can also be booked for exclusive use on a self catering basis
A tented lodge on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River. Offers both self catering facilities and restaurant meals. Excellent for fishing.
This lodge is located at the only place in the world where four countries meet. It is a wonderful Chobe destination with eight luxury chalets.
A more rustic and smaller alternative to the ever popular Lianshulu Lodge
Situated in the Mudumu National Park this is one of the east Zambezi Region's most popular lodges
Situated on an island in the Kwando river around 4km from the trans-Caprivi highway
Located on the banks of the Kwando river in the heart of the Mashi Conservancy, within Bwabwata National Park. This is a sanctuary for more than 35 game species and upwards of 330 bird species. Animals move freely throughout the area which creates a mecca for wildlife viewing
A popular and well appointed lodge near Kongola
A wonderful lodge in an extremely remote location, this is a must for anyone wanting to get of the beaten track and experience Namibia at her best. Offers game viewing in the Nkasa Rupara (formerly Mamili) National Park and boat trips on the Linyanti River.
A small luxurious houseboat, offers awesome game viewing, bird watching & fishing experiences on the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
in the Bwabwata National Park this is a perfect land and water camp with six luxury suites, each with private plunge pool
A luxurious house boat on the Chobe River which offers 2 or 3 night cruises on the Chobe River. An excellent way to celebrate a special occasion or just to relax in these splendid surroundings
In the far eastern Caprivi this lodge offers lots of water based activities on both the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.