Accommodation in Keetmanshoop - Namibia
Keetmanshoop Central Lodge is situated in the centre of the town of the same name and is very close to the old 'Kaiserliches Postamt' or Imperial Post Office. Keetmanshoop is referred locally as the 'capital' of Southern Namibia and it offers tourists, businessmen, conference organizers and delegates alike, a taste of typical Namibian hospitality.
With the famous Fish River Canyon a mere two hours drive away, the hotel is a perfect base from which to explore the area.
Inspired by the Hansa Hotel, whose foundations were laid in 1910, Central Lodge has been upgraded and welcomes its guests with a combination of comfort and charm. There is an outdoor swimming pool, with rock features, secured indoor parking, email and conference facilities, including an air-conditioned conference room, with TV, video, flip chart and overhead projector. Connected to the conference room is an indoor braai area.
All meals are served in the fully licensed restaurant, from the chef's 'a la carte' menu. Buffet style meals can be arranged for larger groups.The spacious room offered by Central Lodge are laid out round the grassy courtyard complete with fountain and palm trees.
- Standard Rooms: All of the 16 Standard Rooms are equipped with en-suite bathrooms, air conditioning, telephone, 6 channel hotel TV package, tea/coffee station, small sofa with coffee table and a luggage rack.
- Luxury Rooms: 3 Luxury Rooms have similar facilities to the Standard Rooms with the addition of spa-baths.
Highlights in the region include self-drive visits to the Naute Dam, the farm Spitskop Ost with its mesoaurus fossils, the Giant's Playground, which has large basalt rocks precariously balanced on top of each other and to the Kokerboom (Quiver-Tree) Forest, where visitors can view a rare cluster of the unique Aloe dichotoma.
The Keetmanshoop Central Lodge is often used as a stopover on Namibian self-drive safaris, commencing in South Africa.
- Fish River Canyon
- From Keetmanshoop the Fish River Canyon is only a couple of hours drive
- Quivertree Forest
- The Quivertree Forest is easily reachable by car from Keetmanshoop
80km west of Keetmanshoop, named after the large lime ovens found on the farms. Boasts the largest collection of lithops in Namibia
A popular establishment in the southern Namibian town of Keetmanshoop
A large air-conditioned hotel in Keetmanshoop. A useful stop en-route to the Fish River Canyon and South Africa
Good facilities make this an excellent overnight choice
The undisputed winner of the longest lodge name in Namibia, MFSQTDP offers accommodation at reasonable prices
Close to the Quiver Tree Forest this is a popular choice
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.