Capricorn Rest Camp
Accommodation near the Naukluft Mountains in Namibia
This is a small owner-managed property and is best for those who are willing to forego luxury to experience Namibian hospitality in a beautiful setting. Expect a warm welcome and hearty meals in a mountainous, semi-desert part of Namibia. Hikers enjoy an extra day or two exploring the area. Capricorn Rest Camp is situated between the small villages of Nabaseb and Rietoog, close to the majestic Naukluft Mountains (which form part of the much larger Namib-Naukluft Park).
Accommodation at Capricorn is in four bungalows, these units are spaced far away from each other allowing for a large degree of privacy. The bungalows are furnished in a rustic style and each has a shower & toilet, patio, braai area (bbq) and electrical lights, the standard bungalows sleep two people in twin beds but an additional bed can be supplied if required. Guests can use the internet facilities at the reception.
There are also campsites available, these are equipped with shade netting, to offer some respite from the hot Namibian sun. The sites also have a table & chairs and a braai area (a staple of all good Namibian campsites!) wood is also on sale at the small lodge shop. Communal ablution facilities are available with showers, basins & toilets - those wanting exclusivity can book the entire campsite on a fixed rate.
Breakfast is included for those staying in the bungalows and can also be arranged for campers while lunch & dinner are available for all, but do require advance booking.
While a day trip to the dunes at Sossusvlei is possible from Capricorn, it is best used as a place to relax or from which to explore the Naukluft Mountains.
- A botanical & hiking trail are both in development
- if arriving from the east or south follow the C14 for 98km's north from Maltahohe (in the direction of Bullsport) turn off right on MR47 and follow this for 12km to the lodge
- from the west take the C14 past Bullsport, after 14km turn off left onto the MR47, the lodge is 12 km from this junction
- from the north take the C24 just south of Rehoboth,and head towards Klein Aub and then Rietoog - the lodge is 21 km from Rietoog on MR47
The settlement of Bullsport is marked on nearly every map, however it consists of little more than this friendly guest farm. The owners are welcoming and eager to share their Namibian experiences. Great for hiking and horse riding.
A small, budget friendly, owner operated rest camp, with individual bungalows & campsites. Great for those wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life
Located in the mountainous Naukluft section of the Namib Naukluft Park, this is an ideal base for hikers or those wanting to relax at the crystal clear rock pools that amazingly exist in the desert environment
One of the finest desert wine estates in the world can be found on the edge of the Namib Desert. The estate offers accommodation & wine tasting tours
A small lodge on the banks of the Tsauchab River - an excellent place for walking and enjoying the surrounding scenery. Visitors are welcomed by an amazing arrary of metal sculptures
Another excellent place for hiking, in the Tsaris Mountains. If you want a genuinely warm welcome at a special lodge then this is an excellent choice. Zebra River can be used as a base for visits to the dunes at Sossusvlei, but is best used to relax and walk on the massive lodge property
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.