Accommodation in Keetmanshoop - Namibia
The Canyon Hotel, situated in Keetmanshoop, offers tourists, business executives, conference organizers and delegates alike, a taste of typical Namibian hospitality. With the famous Fish River Canyon a mere two hours drive away, the hotel is a perfect base from which to explore the area. Keetmanshoop is referred locally as the 'capital of Southern Namibia.
The hotel is fully air-conditioned and facilities include a restaurant, bar, private cocktail bar, coffee shop, braai area, swimming pool and a playground for children. There is also conference facilities for up to 100 delegates. Valuables can be secured in the safe at reception, where there is also an Internet connection and room service on request.
All meals are served from the chef's 'a la carte' menu, but buffet style meals can be arranged for larger groups. Many guests comment on how they enjoy the hotels breakfast.
Accommodation at the Canyon Hotel, Keetmanshoop, is in either double or family rooms:
- Double Rooms: Each Double Room is equipped with an en-suite bathroom. Some of the rooms have baths, others have showers. Air-conditioning, a TV/radio, telephone, fridge, and a tea/coffee station are standard. 2 of these rooms are paraplegic friendly.
- Family Rooms: Family Rooms have bed space for 2 adults and 2 children. The facilities are similar to the Double Rooms.
Highlights in the region include self-drive visits to the Naute Dam, the farm Spitskop Ost with its mesoaurus fossils, the Giant's Playground and to the Kokerboom (Quiver-Tree) Forest, where visitors can view a rare cluster of the unique Aloe dichotoma. The Canyon Hotel can also organize excursions to the Kokerboom Forest.
The Canyon Hotel is often used as a stopover on Namibian self-drive safaris, commencing in South Africa.
- Fish River Canyon
- From Keetmanshoop the Fish River Canyon is only a couple of hours drive
- Quivertree Forest
- The Quivertree Forest is easily reachable by car from Keetmanshoop
80km west of Keetmanshoop, named after the large lime ovens found on the farms. Boasts the largest collection of lithops in Namibia
A popular establishment in the southern Namibian town of Keetmanshoop
A large air-conditioned hotel in Keetmanshoop. A useful stop en-route to the Fish River Canyon and South Africa
Good facilities make this an excellent overnight choice
The undisputed winner of the longest lodge name in Namibia, MFSQTDP offers accommodation at reasonable prices
Close to the Quiver Tree Forest this is a popular choice
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.