The Cabana's | Provenance Camp
Orange river - Namibia
Camp Provenance is situated in southern Namibia on the banks of the Orange River. It's location close to the border post of Noordoewer, (there is another crossing at Sendelingsdrift) makes it an ideal stopover between Namibia and South Africa.
Facilities include a laundry service, 24hr Internet café, satellite TV, pool and licensed bar area, comprehensively stocked shop, daily housekeeping and an ATM. Basic meals are served at the Orange River Restaurant, in both indoor and outdoor dining areas, seating up to 60 people. Their chefs also cater for vegetarians and Halaal. Braai/barbecue facilities can also be used. Branded items of clothing, curio's and memento's can be purchased from the Orange River Shop, as can a selection of groceries and cool drinks.
The Cabanas offer accommodation suiting a range of budgets and tastes. Some of the rooms have a balcony:
- Standard Cabanas: 17 Standard Cabana’s are decorated in traditional African style, all with striking views of the Orange River. The first 10 Cabana's are situated on the river's banks. Sleep 2 people in each unit, on either a twin or a double bed. Every cabana is equipped with an en-suite bathrooms, air-conditioning, tea/coffee station and a fitted cupboard. Linen and towels are supplied.
- Family Cabanas: Both of the 2 Family Cabana's sleep 4 persons; 2 people in 2 rooms. A central en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning, ceiling fans, tea/coffee station and a fridge are standard. Enjoy magnificent views of the Orange River surrounds from your verandah
- Honeymoon Suite: Designed for couples on a romantic getaway with an elegant bathroom, extra-length queen-size bed, complete with 100% cotton percale linen, air-conditioning, a fan and mini-bar. Relax in the comfortable lounge area and open the sliding doors for spectacular views of the Orange River. Clean towels are provided and your room is serviced daily.
The Orange River and the immediate surrounding environments attract a number of species of bird including birds of prey such as jackal and augur buzzards, rock kestrels, black-chested snake eagles and black and martial eagles. Other notable species include the African fish eagle, darter, black-crowned night herons, Egyptian geese, grey and goliath herons and reed and white-breasted cormorants.Pursuits at Camp Provenance revolve around several water-borne Orange River trips that begin at the site.
- The trip is 5 days away from home, 1.5 days self drive and 3.5 days on river. Noordoewer, Richtersveld area - Namibia, approx. 125km North of Springbok, 680km from Cape Town. We supply all canoeing equipment, ie. 2 man Mohawk canoes, paddles and life jackets. Experienced guides will accompany you providing catering, safety and assistance. All catering on the Orange river is handled by our guides and included in the overall price are breakfasts, lunches and suppers, which are all five star meals. Liquor and soft drinks are however not included in the package. Glass bottles are not allowed on the Orange river for conservation reasons, so please decant into plastic bottles or bring cans. We also supply buckets to keep all your clothes, cameras etc. dry and provide cooler boxes for drinks.
- Hiking Trails
- There either half or full day hiking trails availbale
Cabana's and permanently erected tents on the banks of the Orange River. This camp also serves as the starting base for several river rafting & canoeing adventures
An owner run lodge, set in a scenic and mountainous area, just off the main road between Keetmanshoop & Grunau. Comfortable well equipped rooms are complimented by game drives (including night drives) on the large farm
Nestled in the great valley of the Karas region and situated on the banks of the Orange River, about 50km from the South African / Namibia border post
The Orange River Lodge is situated near Noordoewer on the border between South Africa and Namibia
A small lodge set on the third biggest game reserve in Namibia. Expect tranquility and a very personalised service in a remote environment
Not quite Washington DC! This remote accommodation is basic but extremely popular with those looking for good honest accommodation.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.