Accommodation in Swakopmund - Namibia
Beach Lodge is positioned directly on the beach in Swakopmund, with sea-views from most of the rooms. Although it is situated some 6kms from the town centre, the shoreline location and lodge restaurant override the extra km. The multi-choice accommodation on offer make it an ideal home away from home in Swakopmund, for individual travellers, families and businessmen alike.
There is also a bar and small guest lounge. The entire lodge is separated from the beach by a well-tended garden area, complete with manicured lawn, a rarity in these parts of the Namib Desert. Other amenities include a same-day laundry service, Wi-Fi internet facility and secure parking.
Beach Lodge has 19 rooms, each equipped with a telephone, satellite TV with hotel package, tea/coffee station and a small fridge. Most rooms have a roof fan and rooms without fire-places have heaters. There are:
- Twin Rooms: 11 Twin Rooms, each with twin beds, separate bathroom and shower. 4 of these units have self-catering facilities and fire-places. 5 are located on the first floor with round windows and balconies. The other 6 are on the ground floor with sliding doors and patio's leading onto the grass outside.
- Luxury Double Room: The 1 luxury double room has a Queen-sized bed, separate bathroom, (with large oval bath and shower) and is situated on the first floor. It has it's own fire-place, round window and a balcony.
- Family Rooms: Of the 5 family rooms, 2 are on the first floor, with round windows and balconies and there are 2 on the ground floor, with sliding door and patio. They all have self-catering facilities, en-suite bathroom and shower and fire-places. Another Family Room on the ground floor has twin beds, 2 bunk beds, and separate bathroom and shower. It also has a sliding door leading on to the patio.
- Luxury Family Rooms: 1 Luxury Family Rooms is on the first floor. It has twin beds, a double bunk bed, separate bathroom and shower, has self-catering facilities, a small lounge area, fire-place, sliding door and balcony. The other luxury family room is on the second floor. It has an oval bath, double shower, flat screen TV, sliding door and balcony, with sea views from bed, bath and shower.
Portable braai facilities and wood are provided on request and can be set up on the lawn.
A hot air balloon ride over the Namib Desert
Full & half day trips from Swakopmund to various birding hotspots in the Namib Desert
A half day tour (with morning and afternoon departures) to the seal colony at Cape Cross
Visits the seal colony at Cape Cross and the Messum Crater which is best known for it's desert adapted plants such as the Welwitschia Mirabilis
Everything from sharks to pilchards
A half day tour into the Namib Desert
A day trip from Swakopmund into the Namib Desert
Explore the Namib Desert at night on foot - a great way to learn about the nocturnal creatures which inhabit this part of Namibia.
2 hour guided trip into the dune belt near Swakopmund (50km) - you enter an area where you cannot get to by car or foot. No experience necessary...
Skitter down the slip faces of a tall star dune near Swakopmund at 80km/h on a lie-down board, or enjoy the style and grace of a stand-up board. No experience necessary.
A day trip from Swakopmund down the Skeleton Coast to Sandwich Harbour
Leave the safety of the aircraft and join a tandem skydive. No experience required!
Full day tour to the Spitzkoppe Mountains - you will meet the Damara people and be introduced to the Bushman rock art of the area.
This tour is an exploration into the past, present & future of the town of Swakopmund
view the lagoon from the comfort of a catamaran
A dolphin cruise around the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Quad biking in the coastal dunes with a difference. These tours concentrate on the fauna, flora & people who inhabit the dune belt, excellent guiding and stunning scenery make this an experience not to be missed
An eventful day trip combining kayaking on the lagoon with a 4x4 trip through the Namib Desert dunes ending in Sandwich Harbour
A morning of cruising on the Walvis Bay lagoon is followed by the spectacular and thrilling drive to the natural harbour & splendid birdlife of Sandwich Harbour
Kayaking on the Walvis Bay Lagoon
From the centre of Swakopmund, take the C34 road towards Henties Bay until you reach Dr Schwietering Street where you turn left. Take the 3rd left into Rosenquartz Street. Continue along this road (which becomes Plover) until you reach Stint Street on your left. Turn into Stint Street and you will see Beach Lodge on your right.
Top location, right on the beach. This is a very popular accommodation choice - and rightly so.
Slightly outide town on the banks of the Swakop River and overlooking the dunes of the Namib Desert. Excellent for those wanting a desert setting near the convenience of town
Close to the main beach and Swakopmund aquarium, also boasts a heated swimming pool
Very centrally located with a quaint German atmosphere.
A new hotel and spa complex situated north of town in the suburb of Mile 4
Absolutely unique! Built on stilts into the Swakop River - many units offer great views. Feels more like a traditional country lodge rather than an establishment in a busy tourist town.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.