Accommodation in Swakopmund - Namibia
The Beach Hotel in Swakopmund is located on the beach front and has the added convenience of being close to the city centre. Individual travellers, self-drive tourists and the business community alike will be attracted to this convenient location, the wide range of accommodation available and the classic interior furnishings installed behind a magnificent glass frontage. The iconic Swakopmund jetty, over 100 years old is nearby, as is the modern National Marine Aquarium.
Swakopmund is most famous for its well-maintained German colonial buildings that proudly line the town's streets. Many have been transformed into art galleries, shops and residential buildings. The town has now become a popular Namibian holiday resort, an adventurous coastal destination that offers sun, sea and sand. December and January herald the onset of an annual human migration to the ocean, all targeting the slightly warmer than usual seas (although thanks to the cold Benguela Current this part of the Atlantic Ocean is never warm!), sandy beaches and numerous cafés, bars and restaurants. Bordering the town are the rocks, stones and sand of the Namib Desert. For some this ancient landscape provides nothing more than a desert playground, for others a paradise of desert-dwelling life in the sand.
Facilities at Beach Hotel include an 'a la carte' restaurant with a sea view dining area, a cellar for wine testing and special occasions, a lounge with spacious seating, complimentary coffee bar and small library. The roof terrace offers a swimming pool, cocktail bar with all-round views of both the city, desert and sea. There is free WLAN throughout the premises (including the rooms), safe parking in the basement garage and complementary guest transport to/from the city centre in a motorized rickshaw.
Accommodation is in 5 different room categories spread over 4 floors. All of the rooms are equipped with heating/air conditioning, a mini-bar, in room-safe, tea/coffee station and hotel TV package. En-suite bathrooms and a balcony are also standard in every room. There are:
- 4 x Standard Double Rooms: King-sized bed bed, corner seats and mosquito net, 220v electricity with international adapters, WLAN.
- 8 x Comfort Double Rooms: King-sized bed, corner seats, ceiling fan, mosquito net, 220v electricity with international adapters, WLAN, davenport and a private balcony with a sea view. 5 of these rooms have a view over the dunes as well.
- 8 Comfort Twin Rooms: These rooms are equipped with the same facilities and the Comfort Double Rooms but have twin beds instead of double beds. 4 of these rooms have dunes views as well as sea views.
- 5 x Standard Family Room: This is 2 separate rooms that share 1 bathroom. One of the rooms has a king-sized bed and the other a large twin bed. Both rooms have ceiling fans, heating vent, mosquito net, 220v electricity with international adapters as well the standard facilities and WLAN.
- 3 x Comfort Apartments: One Living Room with fully equipped open plan kitchen, 2 separate bedrooms furnished with a queen SizedDouble bed each with is own en-suite bathroom, seating, davenport and balcony. Equipped with an air-condition/heating unit, safe, telephone and TV with German & English Channels, W-LAN.
- 5 x Luxury Double Apartment: Includes a living room (32m²) with an open-plan kitchen, separate bedrooms furnished with a king-sized bed, corner seats, ceiling fan, heating vent, mosquito net, 220v electricity with international adaptors, WLAN, davenport and a large private corner balcony with a sea view.
A hot air balloon ride over the Namib Desert
Full & half day trips from Swakopmund to various birding hotspots in the Namib Desert
A half day tour (with morning and afternoon departures) to the seal colony at Cape Cross
Visits the seal colony at Cape Cross and the Messum Crater which is best known for it's desert adapted plants such as the Welwitschia Mirabilis
Everything from sharks to pilchards
A half day tour into the Namib Desert
A day trip from Swakopmund into the Namib Desert
Explore the Namib Desert at night on foot - a great way to learn about the nocturnal creatures which inhabit this part of Namibia.
2 hour guided trip into the dune belt near Swakopmund (50km) - you enter an area where you cannot get to by car or foot. No experience necessary...
Skitter down the slip faces of a tall star dune near Swakopmund at 80km/h on a lie-down board, or enjoy the style and grace of a stand-up board. No experience necessary.
A day trip from Swakopmund down the Skeleton Coast to Sandwich Harbour
Leave the safety of the aircraft and join a tandem skydive. No experience required!
Full day tour to the Spitzkoppe Mountains - you will meet the Damara people and be introduced to the Bushman rock art of the area.
This tour is an exploration into the past, present & future of the town of Swakopmund
view the lagoon from the comfort of a catamaran
A dolphin cruise around the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Quad biking in the coastal dunes with a difference. These tours concentrate on the fauna, flora & people who inhabit the dune belt, excellent guiding and stunning scenery make this an experience not to be missed
An eventful day trip combining kayaking on the lagoon with a 4x4 trip through the Namib Desert dunes ending in Sandwich Harbour
A morning of cruising on the Walvis Bay lagoon is followed by the spectacular and thrilling drive to the natural harbour & splendid birdlife of Sandwich Harbour
Kayaking on the Walvis Bay Lagoon
Top location, right on the beach. This is a very popular accommodation choice - and rightly so.
Slightly outide town on the banks of the Swakop River and overlooking the dunes of the Namib Desert. Excellent for those wanting a desert setting near the convenience of town
Close to the main beach and Swakopmund aquarium, also boasts a heated swimming pool
Very centrally located with a quaint German atmosphere.
A new hotel and spa complex situated north of town in the suburb of Mile 4
Absolutely unique! Built on stilts into the Swakop River - many units offer great views. Feels more like a traditional country lodge rather than an establishment in a busy tourist town.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.