Aus - Namibia
The recently refurbished Bahnhof Hotel in the village of Aus, is 120kms from Luderitz and 220 kms from Keetmanshoop. It is an ideal stopover on the way or on return journey from the coastal town, and many of their visitors stop just for a hearty lunch.
The main building has a restaurant and the Historic Bar, with satellite TV, a chance to catch up on all the world news or major sporting events that may have been missed on one's journey. Guests can chill out in the lounge and on those very cold winter days and nights, sit around the cozy fireplace and chat to fellow travellers. The sundeck is the place to head to watch the sun set. There is a laundry service, internet connection, disabled access, with safe parking and a night security guard. Valuables can be stored in the office.
All meals are served from their 'a la carte' menu, in both indoor and outdoor dining areas. A set menu or buffet will be offered to larger groups. Fresh bread and cakes baked daily, are a great draw at the Bahnhof Hotel and have quickly become a trade mark here. The beer garden is a great spot to down a Namibian beer or two, with the opportunity to meet a few of the local characters as well.
Accommodation at the Bahnhof hotel in Aus is in either double or family accommodation:
- Twin Rooms: 25 Twin Rooms includes 1 wheelchair-friendly room. En-suite bathrooms, a fan, tea/coffee station and a plug-in mosquito repellent are standard.
- Family Room: 1 Family Room sleeps 2 adults and 2 children with similar facilities to the Double Rooms.
- Self Catering House: Around 500 meters away from the Bahnhof Hotel is a self catering house with two en-suite rooms
For those staying overnight, the hotel can arrange for a guided tour around the town of Aus. A self-drive trip to see the wild horses is recommended and the owners can take you on unforgettable sunset trips! Visits to the old Prisoner of War Camp can also be organized.
Bahnhof Hotel Aus is a 4 time HAN Award winner of Excellence in the category- Hotel & Pension
- Wild Horses
- Head out of town in your car and with a little luck the horses can be watched at Garub, some 20 km west of Aus, as they regularly make their way to the drinking trough there.
- Aus Info Centre
- At the Aus Info Centre, on the way into Aus (3 km), the attractions of the area - like the Wild Horses or the ruins of a POW camp from World War I - are depicted on numerous display boards. Learn more while enjoying a cup of coffee.
- Day Trips
- Informative trips in and around Aus are on offer, covering history, present day developments or just unimaginable scenery
- Airfield Shuttles
- Transportation from and to the landing strip, as well as aviation fuel is available
A lovely country hotel in the small village of Aus
Self-catering, rock bungalows on the Klein Aus Vista property. As Eagles Nest has no restaurant facilities guests are welcome to use the restaurant at Desert Horse Inn. This is a beautiful place to spend a few nights enjoying the beauty of southern Namibia
Named after the desert horses which are one of the main reasons for visiting the area, this is the more main stream lodge on the Klein Aus Vista property
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.