Auas Safari Lodge
Near Windhoek - Namibia
Auas Safari Lodge is a private farm that offers the option to be both fairly close to Windhoek and only 45mins drive from Hosea Kutako International Airport. Many guests use the lodge as a starting point for a Namibian self drive safari, as well as a final destination before heading home.
At an altitude of about 1,800m above sea-level, the lodge experiences a moderate climate, and has picturesque views of the surrounding landscape. The views and associated wildlife of the Auas Mountain range and it's accompanying thorn bush savanna combine perfectly with the friendly and warm homely feeling experienced here. The generously sized lawn around the swimming pool, allows guests plenty of room to find a bit of personal space after a dip. The memorable sunset viewed from the comfort of the terrace in front of the bar is enhanced with a refreshing sundowner.
Auas Safari Lodge is a perfect location for those who want to combine relaxation with work, or wish to organize an exclusive 'incentive' tour. They have a conference room, seating up to 30 people, and their experienced staff can assist in organizing such events.
Guests with any food allergies, or special dietary requirements, are kindly requested to inform the front office personnel, who will pass this information on to the kitchen. Game meat from their very own farm, including a variety of venison, can be ordered from the menu, as can a selection of home-grown herbs and vegetables.
Each of the 16 rooms has a separate entrance with its own small terrace. They are all equipped with en-suite bathrooms, a hair-dryer and extra blankets for those cold, chilly winter nights. They are furnished in an authentic style, and each unit has it's own private veranda, an ideal spot for reading, bird-watching or enjoying a night cap or a cup of tea or coffee. There is also a laundry service, and laundry lists and bags can be found in the wardrobe! Each room is also equipped with a telephone.
Activities include morning and afternoon guided game drives, where huge herds of all antelope species are in close proximity to the lodge. Zebra, wildebeest, warthog, giraffe, baboons, ostrich, jackals, the bat-eared fox and sometimes, cheetah or the occasional leopard, can be viewed and photographed, and there is also a wide variety of birdlife.
- so you can experience the best scenery several hiking trails have been marked an mapped. The time required to hike ranges between 30 minutes or several hours
- Guided Game Drives
- you will be taken out to see huge herds of all antelope species in close proximity. You will be able to view zebras, gnus, giraffes, baboons, ostriches, jackals and with a bit of luck, the cheetah or a leopard. You will experience all animals in their natural habitat and behaviour since Auas is neither a "zoo" nor a touristy game park and all animals live on the land naturally.
- Bird Watching
- Auas game lodge has a large variety of bird species
A privately owned game farm, with a good variety of wildlife just a short distance south of Windhoek.
Newly built lodge in a small well stocked game reserve west of Windhoek
This lodge is very popular amongst those seeking leopard and cheetah viewing close to Windhoek. Regular feedings guarantee great sightings and photographic opportunities
A relaxing lodge in the Eros Mountains (named after a local fruit and not the goddess of love) around 30km north of the city
Opposite the Windhoek International Airport, close enough to be extremely convenient but far enough away that planes are not a distraction. Great for those arriving late or leaving early, as cuts out the 45km drive from Windhoek/
One of Namibia's most popular spas with the added bonus of top game viewing.
Between Windhoek and the International Airport lies this interesting cattle & game farm
family friendly, mid range lodge in rural location
a wildlife sanctuary offering quality accommodation in a tranquil environment
large lodge on a large well stocked game farm, lion feeding included
On a large private game farm close to the Windhoek International Airport, ideal for those not wanting to travel into Windhoek before or after their arrival in Namibia
Offering horse riding, spa treatments and two swimming pools, this is a good family lodge
Close to the B1 road around 30 kilometers south of the city this lodge offers a good one night stopover for wary travellers
a few kilometers east of Windhoek this lodge offers unsurpassed views of the city from a setting in the Auas Mountains
20km north of the city, this tented lodge offers a quality self catering experience surrounded by the veld and wildlife
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.