Anandi Mariental Guesthouse
Anandi Guest House offers a value-for-money stopover complemented by friendly and efficient service. The facilities are ideal for individual travellers, families and the business community alike. Located in the Namibian southern central town of Mariental many guests stay here to visit Hardap Dam or on to the Kalahari Desert. The town is also a convenient place to refuel and restock for your onward journey.
Mariental stands on the edge of the Kalahari Desert. The area has long been a centre for the Nama people, who are of mainly Khoi-Khoi descent. Hardap Dam attracts it's fair share of birders and small boats enthusiasts. Town facilities include a garage/tyre repair, banks, ATM, supermarket and a number of restaurants.
Amenities at Anandi Guest House include a restaurant, swimming pool, Wi-Fi Internet facility, braai and a function room that can double up as a conference centre for up to 60 delegates. Breakfast, a light lunch and dinner are served and lunch packs can be ordered the previous evening.
There are 10 tastefully furnished rooms including a honeymoon suite and luxury rooms. En-suite bathrooms, single and double beds, air-conditioning, tea/coffee station, fridge and satellite TV are standard. The luxury rooms have a spa-bath which leads out onto a private patio. All rooms lead out onto the garden. Families are welcome.
There are 10 tastefully furnished rooms all leading out onto the garden. Families are welcome as extra beds can be arranged:
- Budget Rooms: 2 Budget Rooms have an en-suite bathroom with a shower, air-conditioning, single or double beds, a tea/coffee station, fridge and satellite TV.
- Standard Rooms: 2 Standard Rooms have an en-suite bathroom with a shower and a bath with similar facilities to the Budget Rooms.
- Luxury Rooms: 6 Luxury Rooms have air-conditioning, shower and spa bath, which leads out to a private patio. The facilities are similar to the Budget Rooms.
- Self-drive to Hardap Dam
- Hiking trails, fishing and game viewing in the reserve are possible.
only 25 kilometers west of Mariental this lodge promises an interesting safari experience. With over 19 game species including white rhino on the property, those seeking wildlife in this arid area are unlikely to be disappointed
10 bedroom guest house near the main B1 road in Mariental
Large; budget friendly lodge.
Excellent lodge in the Kalahari Desert, offers accommodation in units made of straw bales or wood. Bagatelle proves to be consistently popular with guests
Interested in gliding? Then this is the lodge for you
On the private Intu Afrika Kalahari Game Reserve.
Recently upgraded, the resort is reasonably close to the main highway and offers an alternative overnight stop for those traveling between South Africa and southern Namibia towards Windhoek and other central areas of the country
Tends to cater for larger groups, but the low rates make it attractive for those looking to save some money.
Small self catering establishment in the pretty Kalahari town of Stampriet
A small well run lodge near the scenic village of Stampriet
Close to the Mata Mata border, the lodge is situated on a large well stocked game park. This is an excellent place to view Kalahari black maned lions
A 12 room lodge situated in a nature reserve and set amongst the red dunes of the Kalahari Desert
Only a few kilometers from Mariental this magnificent game lodge is a green oasis in the Kalahari Desert. A wildlife breeding program means several rare buck species can be found on the lodge's game farm
A wonderful owner managed guest house in the village of Stampriet. An eclectic mix of local antiques & warm hospitality enhance your stay
The meerkat or suricate is a small mammal which inhabits the Kalahari - we do not know why this lodge is named after them. Perhaps if you stay here and find out you can tell us and then we can make this slightly more descriptive
A tented lodge, built on the small red dunes of the Kalahari Desert.
The third lodge on the Intu Afrika Kalahari Game Reserve (along with Suricate & Camethorn Lodges). The Kalahari is absolutely magnificent and really should be a part of any visit to Namibia.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.