Aloegrove Safari Lodge
Game Lodge in the Otjiwarongo Area
Aloegrove Safari Lodge specialize in hosting small private groups. The main emphasis here is on undivided personal attention and the owners and management pride themselves in putting their guests first. The main wildlife attraction here is their daily lion, cheetah and leopard feeding.
The lodge is set in the middle of a private game park on 8,300ha of farmland (36kms north-east of Otjiwarongo). Nearly half has been allocated for the lodge and game, with the remaining hectares being used for cattle farming. Sited some 1,630m above sea level, guests can expect to experience somwaht cooler temperatures in the hot summer months. The elevation and 360° view over the vast savannah and the Waterberg Plateau, affords magnificent views.
At the end of a hard day's drive or activities, the sparkling pool is the place to go for a well-earned dip, sunbathe or cool drink. Watching the spectacular sunrise or set here, is also well worth the effort. Aloegrove Safari Lodge's cuisine also caters for vegetarians and vegans, and their excellent dining facilities include an open fireplace, and an outdoor braai area, ideal venues for breakfast and dinner. (Lunch must be pre-booked.) To complement the dining experience, the lodge offers several excellent South African wines.
Accommodation is bungalows. Some of them can be used for self-catering. The views of the Waterberg Plateau, Leopard’s camp and one of the waterholes, are truly spectacular from here.
- Bungalows: there are 3 bungalows- bathroom with shower and private balcony. They are suitable for up to 2 adults and 1 child - 1 double bed and1 single bed. Small fridge and kettle with beverages.
- Self-catering bungalows: these 3 bungalows each with it's own bathroom with bath and shower. Suitable for those who wish to self-cater or stay longer periods and like to have something in-between meals. Fully equipped kitchen with indoor braai (BBQ). They have 2 double beds in each unit for 2 adults and 2 children. The facilities are similar to the other bungalows.
A great favourite at Aloe Grove Safari Lodge, is the scheduled lion, leopard and cheetah feeding. It is the ideal moment to see these magnificent beasts at close range, and is a marvelous opportunity to get the camera's out.
Guests can also join the lodge's ranger on a 4x4 morning or afternoon game drive, viewing several species such as eland, kudu, oryx, giraffe, Mountain Zebra, hartebeest, springbok, impala, steenbuck, duiker, Damara Dik-Dik, black and blue wildebeest, waterbuck, and warthog.
Bird watching can be done from the comfort of the bungalow, with the view onto the waterhole, providing ample occasions for ornithologists. The fitter and more energetic, might prefer to venture out on a guided hiking trail, in and around the lodge.
Aloe Grove Safari Lodge. Where the guests come first!
- Game viewing
- Join a ranger for a sensational wildlife experience, viewing several game species such as: Eland, Kudu, Oryx, Giraffe, Mountain Zebra, Hartebeest, Springbuck, Impala, Steenbuck, Duiker, Damara Dik-Dik and of course the scurrying Warthog
- Animal feeding
- guests at Aloegrove Safari Lodge can watch the daily lion, leopard and cheetah feeding
- Guided Walks
- For those who would like to venture out on one of the guided walking trails in the early morning air, the experience will be truly memorable. Your guide will initiate you in the secrets of the fauna and flora of this part of the Namibian bush
- Bird Watching
- A large variety of birds can be found here: Secretary bird, Kori bustard, Guinea fowl, Francolins, various kinds of hawks and vultures, lots of sunbirds and bee-eaters. A picturesque view from the observation post, overlooking a waterhole, makes the watching of birds an extraordinary experience
A small private safari lodge north of Otjiwarongo
Lodging located on the property used by the Heetah Conservation Fund, this is an excellent option if you want to learn about cheetah conservation
A friendly well run guest house in the town of Otjiwarongo
Self catering units on a large, well stocked, private game reserve
Mid sized hotel in Otjiwarongo offering both lodge & hotel style accommodation. All the usual facilities including a pool, air-conditioned rooms and a restaurant
A large, well stocked, privately owned game reserve. Excellent for sightings of wild dogs and other endangered species
Situated to the north of the Waterberg Plateau (which is unusual as most lodges are toward the south) this highly recommenced lodge offers spacious comfortable rooms and plenty of activities
One of the oldest lodges in Namibia, Mount Etjo has seen several historic events including the signing of an agreement pivotal to Namibia gaining independence. Still offers good quality accommodation and game drives
Without a doubt one of the best lodges in Namibia, add leopard and cheetah viewing to stunning accommodation and well prepared meals and this place is a complete winner
A private two bed room suite, comes complete with own swimming pool, lounge and kitchen. Private chef and meals can be arranged or guests can visit Bush Camp
The 'entry level' camp at Okonjima offers all the same great cats experiences as the other lodges in the portfolio. A one of a type not to be missed Namibian experience
Large private complex, includes all modern luxuries. Enjoyed by international movie stars and corporate moguls - but available to any group wanting to stay!
a variety of accommodation options - ranging from large self catering villas to double rooms. Just a few kilometers south of Otjiwarongo
A large game farm which numbers the rare White Rhino amongst its species.
Small 8 room guest farm with an emphasis on conserving the natural eco-systems
The NWR run camp situated on the slopes of the plateau. Fairly standard and slightly overpriced accommodation, the old police station which has been converted to a restaurant is a scenic (if not taste) highlight.
Excellent choice for walking and visiting the highlights of the area
On the same property aw the Waterberg Wilderness Lodge but situated higher up the mountain offering excellent views
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.