Africa Safari Lodge
Accommodation in Southern Namibia
Africa Safari Lodge offers a romantic getaway tourists in southern Namibia can overnight in neat, modern accommodation. Only 25kms west of Mariental, it is the ideal desert destination when travelling between Windhoek and the southern Namibian highlights such as Fish River Canyon, Luderitz or the world-famous dunes of Sossusvlei. Sightings of white rhino on a well-stocked game farm are a highlight (although not guaranteed).
The restaurant takes center stage here. Diners can enjoy magnificent vistas over the surrounding plains while a professional chef prepares fine meals, all of which can be accompanied by a good selection of wines from the cellar. Those wanting to experience the great outdoors can easily move outside and sit around the camp fire at the lodge's boma.
After a hard day of exploring a visit to the wellness spa offers a great way to unwind - the spa uses local 'Kalahari' products which use locally harvested ingredients from the surrounding desert.
Accommodation at the Africa Safari Lodge is in 20 en-suite rooms with doors that slide open to offer panoramic views of the surrounding landscape. Each room is equipped with air conditioning, a TV with DSTV (satellite TV) as well as tea & coffee making facilities. WiFi is available at the main lodge area.
Two game drives explore the park in search of the area's white rhino & the 19 species of antelope found here. The more energetic traveller can explore the area on foot - accompanied by one of the lodges experienced guides while bird watching is also a popular activity.
- Game Drive
- two game drives are scheduled every day at 06:00 and 16:00 - so you can experience the magic of an Namibian sunrise or sunset. 19 species of antelope and other game can be found on the Africa Safari Lodge property, among which are the rare and exotic white springbuck, sable antelope, white rhino, oryx, wildebeest & nyalas.
- Bird Watching
- There are a great number of both endemic and migratory bird species found on the farm. These include the rüppell’s bustard, social weavers, Rosy Faced Lovebird and the majestic secretary bird and many more depending on the season.
- Guided walking trails are available, and may be enjoyed at your leisure. It is not uncommon to encounter some of the wildlife species.
- Star Gazing
- Namibia is renowned for it's spectacular clear night skies where a great number of stars can be seen. Special star gazing evenings may be arranged for groups of 10 or more guests including a lecture by local expert Rob Johnston from Windhoek.
only 25 kilometers west of Mariental this lodge promises an interesting safari experience. With over 19 game species including white rhino on the property, those seeking wildlife in this arid area are unlikely to be disappointed
10 bedroom guest house near the main B1 road in Mariental
Large; budget friendly lodge.
Excellent lodge in the Kalahari Desert, offers accommodation in units made of straw bales or wood. Bagatelle proves to be consistently popular with guests
Interested in gliding? Then this is the lodge for you
On the private Intu Afrika Kalahari Game Reserve.
Recently upgraded, the resort is reasonably close to the main highway and offers an alternative overnight stop for those traveling between South Africa and southern Namibia towards Windhoek and other central areas of the country
Tends to cater for larger groups, but the low rates make it attractive for those looking to save some money.
Small self catering establishment in the pretty Kalahari town of Stampriet
A small well run lodge near the scenic village of Stampriet
Close to the Mata Mata border, the lodge is situated on a large well stocked game park. This is an excellent place to view Kalahari black maned lions
A 12 room lodge situated in a nature reserve and set amongst the red dunes of the Kalahari Desert
Only a few kilometers from Mariental this magnificent game lodge is a green oasis in the Kalahari Desert. A wildlife breeding program means several rare buck species can be found on the lodge's game farm
A wonderful owner managed guest house in the village of Stampriet. An eclectic mix of local antiques & warm hospitality enhance your stay
The meerkat or suricate is a small mammal which inhabits the Kalahari - we do not know why this lodge is named after them. Perhaps if you stay here and find out you can tell us and then we can make this slightly more descriptive
A tented lodge, built on the small red dunes of the Kalahari Desert.
The third lodge on the Intu Afrika Kalahari Game Reserve (along with Suricate & Camethorn Lodges). The Kalahari is absolutely magnificent and really should be a part of any visit to Namibia.
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.